Why become a member? ×

For sale forum query

Toasted

One question thats not been asked yet - would it cost more money to operate the site if we were to expand the for sale section? Also, more time to moderate as well?

I'm not upon these things.

if it wouldn't be too much trouble/cost etc I would like to see the wanted section split just as the for sale section is.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='339731' date='Nov 28 2008, 03:38 PM']One question thats not been asked yet - would it cost more money to operate the site if we were to expand the for sale section? Also, more time to moderate as well?[/quote]

No real issue for the site to expand, there's plenty of capacity. More time to moderate ? Yes, I know I only get brief chances throughout the day to have a look from work, i'd expect some mods have no access at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I am tempted to say yes to more selling categories but feel they should be restricted. I personally sell books on Amazon (normally 3-400 listings) and I sell loads of other stuff on ebay and have never thought that I would be more likely selling them on the forum.
Its hard enough trying to sell basses and related items on here at times and once your ad moves off the first page you won't get many browsing further hence all the "bumps" that are made on these items.
If the for sale forum was opened up to all and sundry I think it would be swamped and probably serve no good to both sellers and buyers.
What Toasted has done is a really good idea with an external listing. Maybe if the ads are accepted this method could be adopted and a small entry just stating "Books for Sale" followed by a generalisation ie "History, Photography" and a link to the external list that could contain everything that member has for sale and soon a network would build external to basschat and all negotiations by PM (maybe toasted could post a little how-to for those less computer literate)
I for one have approx 2-300 chess / architecture / photography books that are not worth Listing on Amazon or ebay and I would be happy for fellow basschatters to take them off my hands for the cost of postage and packing...CD's etc could be done the same.