Why become a member? ×

Travel guitar... what do people think?

MoJoKe

This is the new beast from DV Mark, albeit with a custom "Sebo Xotta" paint job (He is obsessed with cows....  perv!).  Its a full scale professional instrument, just one small enough to fit in an overhead locker...  anyone touring overseas this year and flying?

https://www.facebook.com/stefano.xotta/videos/1655751397839900/

(Ahem, and yes, no need to ask, there are basses on the way too......  :))

PS.  Please forgive the utterly shameless commercial plug!  Many of you already know that I do a bit of work with MSL, I was sent the first UK demo one of these a couple of days ago, and it seems to have got stuck to my hands, and I have wee'd a bit.....  :)

52 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

One day I'm going to get a cheap Strat & take a bandsaw to it!

traveler-travelcaster-3.jpg

I actually really like that.

Is that photoshopped or is it something that someone has actually made?

I'm rubbish at spotting the difference.

I know exactly what you mean!  Jazz or precision all the way normally!

I know that MB make a Preamp for some Cort basses, but having googled it, that has one less knob, so its something different again....  If they work to their usual processes, it probably won't get launched until Winter NAMM so we might have a while to find out what they all do!

13 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I saw Gordon Giltrap last night and he played one of those Paul Brett Vintage Viator travel guitars. It sounded beautiful. I am gassing for the 12 string version now.

Mini acoustics do seem to be great, useable instruments, the Paul Brett looks really cool, I would never have thought the tension on a 12 string would work on something so small...  gonna have to hear one of those...  have you any links for the 12 string?

Edited by MoJoKe

Ian Anderson has some travel sized acoustics made by Manson. They sound fantastic. Manson's thought a guitar that size would sound poor but they were proven wrong. Anderson's excuse is "A tiny guitar makes a little guy like me look bigger".

• Haha 1

On 28/04/2018 at 16:02, mikel said:

Ian Anderson has some travel sized acoustics made by Manson. They sound fantastic. Manson's thought a guitar that size would sound poor but they were proven wrong. Anderson's excuse is "A tiny guitar makes a little guy like me look bigger".

...and makes Sebo from DV Mark (in the vid) look like a bloody giant!