Why become a member? ×

Did something different at my gig last night

police squad

So as you know, I'm in a Police tribute and I have collected basses like Sting used in The Police.

I'm currently a bit bored with gigging and decided to use one of my Police basses with my normal pub band.

We're called Live 'n' Kickin' and have been around just shy of 31 years.

I normally play a Fender 'Flea' jazz in this band but last night decided to do the whole gig on my Fretless 'bitsa'

What a great sound and work out for my playing.

Songs that were a struggle, By the way by TRHCP as it starts with chords and the middle bit of Allright Now. But I had fun and nobody else really noticed.

Now I need to think up something for the next gig.

red bass.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, police squad said:

So as you know, I'm in a Police tribute and I have collected basses like Sting used in The Police.

I'm currently a bit bored with gigging and decided to use one of my Police basses with my normal pub band.

We're called Live 'n' Kickin' and have been around just shy of 31 years.

I normally play a Fender 'Flea' jazz in this band but last night decided to do the whole gig on my Fretless 'bitsa'

What a great sound and work out for my playing.

Songs that were a struggle, By the way by TRHCP as it starts with chords and the middle bit of Allright Now. But I had fun and nobody else really noticed.

Now I need to think up something for the next gig.

red bass.jpg

wow! That's such a beautiful bass!!! :heart:

By the way... "By The Way"... chords at the beginning? How do you play it? I never played any chords on that one but I'd love to know how you do it. If it sounds better I might change, why not? :)

On 26/03/2018 at 19:10, mcnach said:

wow! That's such a beautiful bass!!! :heart:

By the way... "By The Way"... chords at the beginning? How do you play it? I never played any chords on that one but I'd love to know how you do it. If it sounds better I might change, why not? :)

by the way starts up high. playing f on the d string and its fifth on the g.

23 minutes ago, police squad said:

by the way starts up high. playing f on the d string and its fifth on the g.

I see, I play it high, but single notes, not chords. There's a guitar too and together it sounds like we're playing chords...

34 minutes ago, mcnach said:

I see, I play it high, but single notes, not chords. There's a guitar too and together it sounds like we're playing chords...

yes agreed, I play along with the guitar but I actually start it by myself (I copied the late bass player from the band as I had listened to him play it millions of times)

• Thanks 1