Why become a member? ×

My wife works in a Pre-School and because she is very musical a decision was made that she learn ukulele. Her setting bought her a rubbish one and we've both been messing around on it. One night when the kids were in bed we sank a few Staropramens and she said she'd like a better one. Then completely unprompted she said "and you should get a bass one". Now, I don't know about anyone on here but I don't need a big arm twist to get a new bass so we ordered a couple. 

Mine's just a £125 cheapy (funnily enough I'd seen it in my local music shop for £250 so no Kala U-bass but I am blown away with the sound, especially plugged in. The E rattles a little unplugged if I pluck it too hard and a couple of the frets stick out a bit (I suspect lemon oil will resolve this) but other than that it really is an incredible bit of kit. I'm going to have to use it on something but I don't know what yet.

IMG_5643.thumb.jpg.1355d06e600b7b437419a53ba1887890.jpg  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, machinehead said:

I'm definately tempted by one of those.  I could accompany my two grandsons on the ukeleles I bought them for Christmas.  :)

The thinking on this was similar, to play along with my wife whilst she learns for her job. It already looks like it might venture into the studio with me this week though. It'd be good to get young kids playing along with other players though :)