Why become a member? ×

SWR 750x - SOLD!!

simondee

all gone. I've got cash waiting for a Fafner. Hook me up!

Hey guys,

I'm not getting the tone I'm after out of the 750x, and my back is starting to disagree with its weight.

It's sitting in a slightly battered 6u Gator which will come with if you want it.

I'm also up for trades for amplifiers, so let me know what you've got. Can do pics if there's any interest but it's in great nick and was serviced a few months ago.

Footswitch is new from Thomann.

Make me an offer folks. This has got to go.

Cheers!

Edited by simondee

[quote name='simondee' post='341810' date='Dec 1 2008, 12:36 PM']£300![/quote]

will you be willing to swap for a MINT sm500???

if not i will try and sell the SM500 ASAP for this!

*edit* its a pre-fender SM500 :)

Edited by mzivtins

[quote name='mzivtins' post='341848' date='Dec 1 2008, 01:16 PM']will you be willing to swap for a MINT sm500???

if not i will try and sell the SM500 ASAP for this!

*edit* its a pre-fender SM500 :)[/quote]

possibly, have you got any pics?

I'm really after an EBS or Eden head.

[quote name='simondee' post='341927' date='Dec 1 2008, 02:21 PM']possibly, have you got any pics?

I'm really after an EBS or Eden head.[/quote]

i will grab pics for you tonight... loads of them! i wont need the gator either.

Tonight i will also put it for sale for £300 if cash would be better for you.

[trying to find a pic of it now...]

People,

£300 for this amp is an absolute steal. These things really rock and are loud beyond loud when coupled to a 4ohm load. I'd have this in a flash if I didn't already have one and have no where to store two of them. Only downside is the weight, but its a small price to pay in my book.

[quote name='simondee' post='341963' date='Dec 1 2008, 03:19 PM']cash is best since i've gone back to using my Warwick head anyway and I'm pretty much done for gigs this year.

the only pre-fender head I'd be interested is the ol' SM-900 I reckon.

I'm looking for something that will drive two 4ohm cabs.[/quote]

i think the 500 will do 2x 4ohm being a bi-amp (i just run it in bridged mode)

i'll throw mine up for sale in hope of getting quick interest and quick sale, trouble is... this close to chrimbo its hard to find people willing to part with their cahs... fingers crossed!

The SM500 will run 2 x 4 ohm cabs if run in stereo mode ( 2 cabs at 250 watts per channel into each)
or you can bridge the 2 x 250 watt internal amps to run at a total of 500 watts.

You can run 2 x 4 ohm cabs bridged to get more power output, but you will find that the amp will run seriously hot
even though the amp has an internal thermos fan & it may affect the reliability of the amp over a long period of time.

Edited by Bernmeister

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='342007' date='Dec 1 2008, 04:10 PM']The SM500 will run 2 x 4 ohm cabs if run in stereo mode ( 2 cabs at 250 watts per channel into each)
or you can bridge the 2 x 250 watt internal amps to run at a total of 500 watts.

You can run 2 x 4 ohm cabs bridged to get more power output, but you will find that the amp will run seriously hot
even though the amp has an internal thermos fan & it may affect the reliability of the amp over a long period of time.[/quote]

just to be clear, i only run the amp in bridged mode with a single 4x10 warwick cab not 2x 4ohm.

when doing so you really should only use a speakon connector, rather than standard jack because the thermostat for the fan is only on the primary amp unit... run it wrong and the thing wont know your running it at all :)

simondee... if you decide you want to trade, i'll throw in a EBS multidrive pedal for free :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='352787' date='Dec 12 2008, 03:14 PM']Yeah, cheers for selling him a loud amp, me and our other housemate really appreciate it, haha.[/quote]

stops me stroking your face with my penis when you sleep... i knew you would miss that hahahaha