1 hour ago, oo.viper.oo said:

It. Is. Stunning.

I always wondered what's the slot in between the pickups on these. Anyone?

It's a piece of wood called ramp. It's used by same bass players like Matt Garrison to improve the ergonomics of the right hand as part of their technique. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mrbassman_de
      Important note: Buyer‘s from within UK should be aware that for imports from EU to UK since Jan 1st the UK VAT will be applicable. This VAT has to be paid by the UK buyer once the goods are crossing the borders.

Selling my 90s Fodera Imperial 6 - which has the nicest body and neck shape - and the deepest and most crisp sound of any Fodera I owned (and I had some ...).
      Mahogany body (up to 2000 or so Vinnie used frequently Honduran Mahogany, a wood that is used in Acoustic Guitars and is well known for its extraordinarily tonal capabilities.
      Bubinga Top
      36" Neck with a Rosewood Board (looks like Kingwood or Amazon, close to Brazilian) and 28 frets
      Locking Bridge
      Hazlab Preamp
      Bartolini Pickups
      19mm at Bridge
      5 kg
      Fodera Teardrop Case
      The neck is asymmetrically shaped (like the older Tobias basses) which feels great ! The body is nicely shaped (like all of the 90s Imperials) and thinner than usual.
      The action is VERY low and allows neckbreaking fast licks (if they are in the fingers). Frets are top, everything works fine.
      Asking 5500 GBP or 6000 EUR plus shipping from Germany.

• By will4bass
      >>I put the AJ6 on sale since I'm not a 6 string player and need to sell some stuff. Buuuut...I played the AJ6 last night: it's simply fabulous. I decided to keep it.<<
      Anthony Jackson from 1990, the period that Fodera was establishing it's name worldwide, Mr. Vinny Fodera himself built those basses and Mr. Anthony Jackson was one of the 'first call' session cats for about any style of music from pop to jazz in the highest imaginable playing fields. 
      If you look for a thunderous low B and crispy highs.. well this bass has it.. but it has more to offer. The bass feels like an extension of your fingers. Very musical. Very articulate. With a kind of smoothness only the driest great tonewoods reveals. This AJ6 has a voice of its own. Check out the records on which Anthony Jackson played a same instrument. Anything else I would add to praise the bass could start to sound a bit exaggerated. So I decided not to do that. After all an instrument like this will reveal its possibilities in the hands of the player.
      Some details
      Anthony Jackson 6 string neck-through (before the time this was called a 'Custom Elite': all Fodera's back then were custom built!)
      34"
      19" string spacing (adjustable)
      Walnut body
      Quilted maple top body
      Maple neck
      Light Ebony Fingerboard
      Bartolini T Style soapbars
      Haz Labs pre amp (Volume, balance, 2 band EQ, Active/passive switch, kill switch)
      Approx. 5kgs 
      Great balance, very comfortable to play
      Comes with OHSC (Fodera Teardrop case)
      Strings: Fodera Anthony Jackson (what else? ;-))

Decent offers and trades considered (Sadowsky 5 NYC PJ Maple, Alleva Copplo 5, Spector USA 5, Ken Smith 5 (19mm spacing)...but sorry: + cash!)

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Superb looking, playing and sounding WARRIOR Dran Michael 4 (DM4) Custom Neck Through Signature with loads of options like wider strings spacing, inlays and higher grade woods.

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £2299 GBP !!! Todays price for a similar bass with all the options : at least $8000 USD or around £6000 GBP !

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra huge customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 2 wings of swamp ash (DM selected high grade woods)
      Top : holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Neck : 3 pieces through neck with holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Fingerboard : holographic birdseye maple (DM selected high quality woods) with mother of pearl birds inlays, mother of pearl sword inlay and mother of pearl "2005" inlay on the side (black side dots seem to have been added afterwards as there are traces of mother of pearl dots or it's been chosen by the original owner. It is also signed at the back of the headstock by ... Marcus MILLER)
      Frets : 24 in stainless steel
      Headstock : 2 + 2 with flamed maple top and mother of pearl inlays
      Pickups :  2 Warrior/Bartolini humbuckers (Jazz in bridge position and Fatboy in neck position)
      Preamp : Warrior/Bartolini NTMB-918F 3 bands EQ (18 Volts)
      Controls : volume, blend, mids (active/passive switch), stacked treble and bass plus 3 positions switch for the mids frequency (Neutrik locking jack)
      Tuners : Warrior/Gotoh
      Bridge : brass Warrior/Hipshot A Style
      Strings spacing at bridge : 22 mm (adjustable)
      Nut : bone
      Strings spacing at nut : 12 mm
      Knobs : original metal with mother of pearl inlays dome
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold and you'll get the Dunlop Straplok® flush mount 24 KT gold that you can see in the case pocket
      Truss rod : one fully working
      Finish : high gloss trans orange-stain (see hand writing in the neck pickup cavity) and hand rubbed “Anointed Oil” for the neck
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : 04 852
      Year : 2005
      Weight : 3.785 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original unbranded fake crocodile skin hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with two new batteries and a (now used) set of D'Addario Nickel EXL165 strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105).

A bass in the league of Fodera and the likes. A true high end bass.

Link to the old Warrior page : Dran Michael Warrior Bass - Hand Crafted Basses - Custom Bass Guitar - Boutique Bass

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles and under different lights to try to capture the real colour to see the real condition, which show only some little wear with a very few dings, crazy slapper scratches and other light scratches (no rear heavy marks or scratches), the most obvious mark being under the control cavity where the bass is left on a stand. The pickups are marked too, particularly the neck pickup under the E string as they were too close to the strings...

All the 46 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-efgenTb8UL6FvPLirgy9xZnCUKtiw0K?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

WOOD & TRONICS Zoid 5 (to me their best design), naturally reliced : some pay huge amounts for this by 7ender, here it's free ! 

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1599 GBP !!! A new one would cost you at least twice the asking price if you order it today with the same specifications and a few months to get it.

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra huge customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition, with some 13 years of use, but no abuse.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : swamp ash wings with quilted maple top (and magnetic electronics lid)
      Neck : 3 pieces flamed maple through neck
      Fingerboard : rosewood with brass dots on the side and abalone on the fretboard
      Frets : 24 mandolin frets in perfect condition
      Headstock : 3 + 2 with matched quilted maple top
      Pickups : Nordstrand DC 5 with switch (chrome) working for the both pickups together in parallel / single coil / series (so you have no strange sounds when blending them)
      Preamp : Aguilar OBP-3
      Controls : volume, balance, bass, mid with one switch (chrome) for the 400 / 800 Hz frequency, treble
      Tuners : Hipshot Licensed
      Bridge : original two parts Wood & Tronics (ETS)
      Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm
      Nut : brass
      Strings spacing at nut : 10 mm
      Knobs : original metal
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold except the switches and the output jack, which are chrome
      Truss rod : one (real Fodera)
      Finish : light gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : Italy
      Serial number : unknown
      Year : 2007
      Weight : 3.905 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with an unbranded hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with a new battery and a (now used) set of Fodera Nickel strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105 - 135).

Early hollowed model à la Fodera, totally hand made (look at the lid), with that sweet and detailed sound typical from that period. Lots of wear and a few dings for this player, but don't be afraid, everything is working fine without any electronics scratches (except the usual Aguilar crack when switching the mids) and no hidden issues... The price asked reflects that condition.

Link to the old Wood & Tronics page : ZOID Custom Variations Wood & Tronics (wtbasses.net)

Here a video by Enrico PASINI himself to give you an idea of how a Zoid 5 can sound :

And another one, made by Arnaud MORIN aka @tournesol74 (33 inches scale, ebony fretboard and different pickups, but the "sound" of the Zoid 5 is there) :

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles to see the real condition, the wear and dents. Absolutely no real damage, only wear of time and playing !

All the 36 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_xP_ULUN5NmnkamMIseIWb2Gd53RhFDX?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By mrbassman_de
      Update by Jan 1st: Buyer‘s from within UK should be aware that for imports from EU to UK since Jan 1st the UK VAT will be applicable. This VAT has to be paid by the UK buyer once the goods are crossing the borders. Note: As a private seller in EU I can not reduce the price for second hand goods as VAT has never been included in the price.

This is the original Matt Garrison Signature 5 model in top condition !
      Specs:
      Amazing Chestnut Burl Top
      5pc Ash Neck, 33"
      Walnut Body
      Chestnut Tone Block
      Chestnut Ramp (curved)
      Ebony Board
      19mm spacing
      Newer (post 2009) Pope preamp with all the jumpers
      Aguilar DCB5 pickups (original Seymour Duncan Duals shown in the pics will come with the bass !)
      Weight 4.9 kg
      Original Fodera HC
      Everything works fine, technically and aesthetically top ! The Aguilars provide a more aggressive timbre compared to the Duncans. I personally like that Aguilar sound - consider Janek Gwizdalas Fodera which is also a 33" with Aguilars.
      The Aguilars are not splittable so the Single/Parallel Switch is now a kill switch. The other switches are active/passive and a frequency selector for the EQ.
      Asking 7900 EUR (approx. 7100 GBP today) plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany.