Why become a member? ×

Tanglewater owners manual ?

Aidan63

Hi I've bought a Tanglewood By Overwater Apiration Artist preloved and wonder if there was ever a proper owners manual for it - the bridge is quite something and very different to anything I've adjusted before, I figured it out but only after I lost a ball bearing :D

Cleaned and oiled and sorted with new strings and set up nice it's very playable and balanced so comfortable, may need to lower the E string at the nut a dadge but in no rush to adjust it just yet, will play it for a while and get used to 34" scale again as I've been messing around with shorties 

Also I wonder has anyone done a passive/active mod on one ? It would be interesting to hear the pickups without the electronics (especially the J neck pickup) and the cavity is big enough as it's designed for the 3 way eq and this is only 2 way

Hi thanks for replying to my post,  I'll contact Chris but I don't expect there was one, now I know how the bridge is constructed I don't really need to know anything, I'm finding for me treble backed off , bass boosted and either pickup is quite a good range of sounds for me, I just need to work on my technique as I am struggling with fret attack sound on the E string which I don't get on the other strings, I have lowered the pickups  on the bass side which helped a little but it's me as much as the instrument I think as I can get a nice note some of the time but mostly the string to fret contact sounds just before my plucked sound even fretting right up, almost over the fret, maybe lowering the string at the nut a dadge will help also

Yep i would drop Chris or the guys an email or give them a call. They are extremely helpful.

Find with my Overwater Contemporary J4 (not a Tanglewood version) i have the treble rolled back a little and bass boosted to somewhere between the centre point and full clockwise.

Have you tried Youtube to see if there are any clips showing details ?

Dave

I used to have one of the Aspirations - great bass for the money - very versatile.

I still have my Jazz Custom - anytime I have any questions I'll fire a question off to Chris or Laurence (have both their email addresses) and wait for their response - normally within 24 hours. Great customer service.

• Like 1