Why become a member? ×

NBD: Ibanez GVB36 - whats with the preamp?

Woodinblack

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

Bubby Lewis’ MTD 6 with 20mm spacing ;)

But yeah, the Ibanez SRC 6 might suit you?!

Suppose that is handy if you have freakishly big hands, me? I’m more presidential ;)

An SRC6 you say? Like the one I sold here last week and the BC”er should be picking up from the post office today?

12 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

That is more a table than a neck! Also, I couldn't live with those string colours in that order - clearly the purple should be between the red and the blue, and the green doesn't make sense at all!

Who said anything about making sense? xD Take the strings off and you had a good makeshift ironing board.

There was a guy years ago on Ebay in the USA doing the DR coloured strings as singles in all of the colours so I bought one of each just for the hell of it. It was an outrageous bass so might as well make it even more so

17 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

There was a guy years ago on Ebay in the USA doing the DR coloured strings as singles in all of the colours so I bought one of each just for the hell of it. It was an outrageous bass so might as well make it even more so

Haha - I would love those but they would have to be in a colour sequence rather than just random :D

Always wanted to try coloured strings but people said that they don't sound very good. Maybe I need to get some for a bass I don't play much!

2 hours ago, Sibob said:

Bubby Lewis’ MTD 6 with 20mm spacing ;)

1AB1C613-5956-4A61-A8F4-3D3D76A4FCCC.thumb.jpeg.9391d4e2d9b0a0272a7145d9913d6fff.jpeg

But yeah, the Ibanez SRC 6 might suit you?!

Si

Jeez, you could land a Eurofighter on that fretboard

Bought a new Nordy Big Blade 5 now (just the one), I will see what it is like when I get it.

I also found out last night it has a Pull frequency knob on the middle control. Which is remarkably subtle and doesn't seem worth the effort!

I think the real problem with the preamp might be the pots are just a bit rubbish, which would correspond with all my previous experience of ibanez electronics.