Why become a member? ×

What would you buy?

Sandy 5

skidder652003 mentioned Enfield & Painy the Aguilar AG700...not sure where you live (Im in Northampton)

I have a Enfield Canon for sale which is very versatile....which you can try with (not for sale) AG700 & Aguilar 112 also a  small FOH PA & Schertler combo I use for small gigs..if that helps...good luck

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BCH said:

skidder652003 mentioned Enfield & Painy the Aguilar AG700...not sure where you live (Im in Northampton)

I have a Enfield Canon for sale which is very versatile....which you can try with (not for sale) AG700 & Aguilar 112 also a  small FOH PA & Schertler combo I use for small gigs..if that helps...good luck

If I had the money I'd buy this - incredibly good basses using the SimS system which gives 15 variables with the pick ups. You really need to check one out on YT.

Hellzero recommends the Darkglass M900 - by all means try it but I'm not sure whether it will be an amp of choice. I'm a big Trace Elliot fan, there's a 300w head for sale on Gumtree advertised in the "W&W" thread - £100 and all the proceeds go to homeless people. The heads themselves aren't that heavy so using one with Vanderkley or Barefaced cabs will give you a lightweight rig with lots of versatility. Remember that a 300w TE head will be more than plenty for most playing situations. 

2 hours ago, BCH said:

I really appreciate the offer, but I'm keeping my eye out for 5 stringers, and have also decided against the Aguilar head because I'm going to need headphones to practice, which plenty of other portable amps have. Thanks though right nice of you to offer!

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

If I had the money I'd buy this - incredibly good basses using the SimS system which gives 15 variables with the pick ups. You really need to check one out on YT.

Hellzero recommends the Darkglass M900 - by all means try it but I'm not sure whether it will be an amp of choice. I'm a big Trace Elliot fan, there's a 300w head for sale on Gumtree advertised in the "W&W" thread - £100 and all the proceeds go to homeless people. The heads themselves aren't that heavy so using one with Vanderkley or Barefaced cabs will give you a lightweight rig with lots of versatility. Remember that a 300w TE head will be more than plenty for most playing situations. 

The Darkglass is out, too much for me! Looks good but now I've finalized my budget (waiting for the last bits of old gear to sell) and being 98% did that the Bareface super twin will totally sort all my cab needs, I'm considering amps around the 4-500 mark. I'm not a Trace Elliot fan at all haha, but they have a strong presence so I might check out some of the newer models. Thanks!