AdamWoodBass

*WITHDRAWN* Squier VM Jazz upgraded with Haeussel pickups - price drop £270!!
£300

Hi everyone

It pains me to do this but I desperately need a 5 string and I can't afford to have both so here is my beloved Squier Vintage Modified Jazz. This bass has had a MASSIVE upgrade in that it's loaded with a pair of Haeussel JBass 4 noiseless pickups. It sounds incredible, it feels incredible and it's the closest thing I've ever played to a 70's Fender that wasn't an actual 70's Fender. I can honestly say that I do not want to sell this bass and if I didn't need a 5 string I wouldn't be selling it but needs must I'm afraid.

The bass is in really good condition, a couple of very minor marks as it's been gigged but only noticeable if you're really looking for them. New these basses are £350, with the Haeussel's you'd be looking at upwards of £500. Honestly I'd pick this over a standard Fender in terms of feel and tone, hence why I bought it in the first place. I'm looking for £270 collected with a Fender gig bag. The Mono strap and Gruv Gear Fretwrap are not included.

I've attached some photos and some demo mp3s where this bass has been used.

Any questions let me know.

Edit: I am willing to post if buyer pays courier charges and accepts the risks etc but would prefer collection as I don't have a hard case for it.

Cheers

Adam

IMG_20180306_095234.jpg

IMG_20180306_100106.jpg

IMG_20180306_100116.jpg

IMG_20180306_100240.jpg

IMG_20180306_100314.jpg

Solar Flare.mp3

What Did You Do Today.mp3

Feline.mp3

Edited by AdamWoodBass
Reduced priced

Offers and trade propositions posted in 'For Sale' ads are systematically deleted. They are to be made by Private Message (PM...) only.
Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Offers and trade propositions posted in 'For Sale' ads are systematically deleted. They are to be made by Private Message (PM...) only.
Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Sorry that would of been me, taken note of for the future :facepalm:

Dropping the price to £270 collected with a brand new set of Warwick Reds on it.

I will post if buyer pays postage costs but would prefer collection.

Edited by AdamWoodBass

Recorded another quick demo of it tonight. All bass sounds used in the track are the Squier. The bass lines are have no effects on them, the melody bits have some stock effects from Guitar Rig, the overall track has some light compression on it. I've just restrung it with Warwick Reds so it sounds very zingy so I have the tone rolled off for quite a lot of this recording.

Enjoy!

squier demo.mp3

• Like 1

Going withdraw this as it looks like the price of a new one has come down. This is still much cheaper considering the Haeussels but I can't justify lowering the price any further.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By italiancross
      Up for sale my NS Design Cr4 Radius fretless bass.
      As many of you may certainly know, NS Design is the last creature born from Ned Steinberger's fertile mind. These instruments show many of the technical innovations that Steinberger introduced in his products since the 80's. Gone are the rectangular shaped plastic made basses of his early years, now all the Steinberger-designed instruments are made of lightweight woods but coupled with headless design, quick mount bridge/tuners, active electronics with EMG and piezo pickups.
      This particular model is the top of the range in the Electric Bass production of NS Design, and is built in the Czech Republic (whereas the cheaper WAV models are made in Korea).
      It was an early production model, with 2xx serial number, probably made around 2015.
      The active circuitry includes two especially designed EMG X pickups and a piezo into the bridge. The controls are Master Volume, EMG/Piezo balance, Treble and Bass EQ, with two 3-position switches for the EMG pickup selector (Neck / Both / Bridge) and the Piezo pickup equalization (Bass boost / Standard / Treble boost). The circuit is supplied by two 9V batteries.
      The body has a particular curved shape on the back, which allows a perfect contact to the player's body. It's made of maple with flame top. The colour is Charcoal Satin, which is a dark grey.
      The bolt-on neck is made of maple with carbon fibre core and an ebony fretboard.
      The newly designed bridge/tuning assembly allows for a very quick change of the strings. By the way, the bass uses standard (single ball end) strings.
      Dimensions (data taken from NS Design site) are: Overall Length 41.5", Body Length 20.8", Neck Scale 34", Neck Radius 15", Bridge Spacing 19mm, Nut Width 1.60", 12th Fret Width 2.19".
      The bass has been professionally defretted by the original owner, has a medium low action and is currently strung with roundwound strings (a set of little used flatwounds is supplied) with minimal fretboard wear. The truss rod works perfectly.
      The instrument is very light (just 3.6 Kg) and perfectly balanced. It's a pleasure to play, being very compact and well shaped.
      The average price of this model is over £2000, I'm selling it at a much lower price due to the fact that it has been defretted (but very easy to restore to the original fretted state if desired).
      I'm only selling it because I have far too many instruments and I stopped playing due to the pandemic and don't know if I'll start again.
      The instrument was bought from the original owner (I was the second owner) and only has some light marks and dents. The previous owner only used for home recordings, since I bought it it has never left my home, so it has virtually never gigged.
      The original gigbag is supplied along with the user's manual and Allen keys.
      You can find many videos around showing how these basses play. I'm sorry I can't supply any recordings.
      The bass is located in Italy. Shipped with courier to EU destinations, the price is around Eur.50 but ask for confirmation.
      I can also ship to UK buyers, but please notice that there will surely be customs charges for you to pay.
      GBP 1200 / EUR 1400
      Payment with Bank transfer only, no Paypal.
      No trades, please.
      For any other information, please ask.

My Basschat feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/287342-feedback-for-italiancross/

• By foxtrott
      I am looking for a Fender Precision Bass CS or Vintage. 
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      *now 2.500 € for a straight sale*
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Shipping is possible in a sturdy and very good case. https://www.protectionracket.com/products/item/bass-guitar-case-std
      Here are some soundfiles, recorded at home.
      Fingerstyle

Slap

Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.  

• By Scoopdude
      For sale is my Xotic XJPro - 01.
      Purchased in March this year, not the bass for me though mainly playing double bass these days and my other work calls more a P bass, so on the hunt for one of those  
      It is a wonderfully easy bass to play, the neck in particular feels super nice. It has a really nice set up as it so fresh from the shop! It is strung with a set of DR Pure Blues strings. Condition is as new.
      Here's a link to the Xotic website - http://xoticbasses.com These models were only available for a limited and are discontinued now, so do not expect to see therm come up very often! Such a high quality bass particularly at this price point.
      Comes with a very stylish case. 
      Pickup or meet up in London preferred but can arrange postage within UK.
      Would be interested in trades for Fender P's (preferably early 70's).

• By Higgie
      Barely used and as new, Fender Rumble 800 head. £420+postage, or can be collected from Brentwood.

• By BCH
      Trade: Short Scale 4 string (30" or 30.5") ACG, Wilcox, Serek (not Fender)