Tech

Eminence 4 string Electric Upright Bass (removable neck)
£1500

It well and truly breaks my heart to sell my baby but I have to pay the bills. It’s this or the p-bass and I just don’t get the upright gigs to justify keeping such a wonderful instrument.

These are fantastic professional basses, used by the likes of Esperanza Spalding. The acoustic chamber makes for a wonderful rich tone, just like a full body acoustic, but with the portability of an electric upright. Definitelythe best of both worlds. Easily fitted in my tiny old coupe with the peg up, and you can fly by taking the neck off.

Great player, bridge a little high for a fast jazz player (set up for both pizz and bow at the moment) but lots of scope for adjustment.

It’s been around a bit but the bass is in good condition (a couple of dings pictured near the peg but that’s just superficial gigging wear). The hard case is another story, which is battered and missing a couple of clips (the previous owner toured a lot). I can either scrap that or you can pick it up with the bass and try and repair it - let me know. The padded gig bag is in good nick, durable and worked just fine for me taking it in the car to gigs.

Looking for £1500 collected from Newcastle please. I’m fairly firm on the price as these are rare as hens teeth in the UK.

Thanks for looking.
Mat28472309_10155340681746847_6653123033926116654_n.thumb.jpg.e110997d9c2305501c1aa085675ad9d1.jpg28377611_10155340681756847_6233157116379674526_n.thumb.jpg.165619b0938d93d348bca45ab45dbb35.jpg

28377786_10155340681846847_2738770525120098712_n.thumb.jpg.e0c537b8aa974b3492a2f3d4cf663d7f.jpg

28472133_10155340681741847_5299061965197843619_n.jpg

28467897_10155340681771847_1237982915516335383_n.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! Worth a trip to Geordieland for this one. By the time I get funds this will probably be gone. Good luck with the sale. (Hopefully for me it’s still around in a few weeks.)

9 hours ago, therealting said:

I think I might own this one now. 

Yes you do!

• Like 1

Just to be clear for anyone else interested in this bass - it’s no longer for sale, it is in my possession now and passed through at least one other set of hands before me. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rabbie
      This bass was made in England by Ken Miller in 2006 and I have owned it for 3 years, in which it has accompanied me on many gigs and recordings. At the end of last year I invested in a a new carved instrument, which means that I no longer need this one.
      still, this is a carved bass made in England, hence and investment that will go up in value, despite the chips and scars of a life on stage.
      woods: old spruce top, maple sides, I think poplar back.
      It is not pristine! There are countless chips and scratches that only add to the unbelievable mojo. There are a few luthier-repairs done professionally by the maker himself, before it came to me. In the 3 years I have had it, it has been superbly stable. 
      The playability of this bass is incredible: it is what you could describe as “plays itself”, thanks to the wonderful setup work of Jerome Davies. 
      it sounds phenomenal: powerful, dark and moody, yet articulated perfectly well and it’s easy to play.
      This bass was used for jazz and folk music, I have no comment to make on bowing as I don’t even have a bow!
      The look of the bass is a little unusual thanks to the slightly “flattened” F holes, typical of Ken Miller basses. I believe this was Ken’s own gigging bass, which would explain the extra signs of heavy gigging.
      price-wise, the initial listing of £3,300 is, I believe what the street price of a bass like this should be. It is probably worth a bit more and will gain in value. However, these are tough times and I am willing to negotiate: message me. Please don’t offer part exchanges as I’m not looking for anything. I assure you it’s a great sounding and Wonderfully well setup bass, and if you, like me, can see past the imperfections as mojo, you won’t find better! 
      I am in Perth, Scotland. It’s a wonderful summer drive, and now it’s ok to do it, and I’m all organised for a proper socially distant trying of the instrument.

I am now in a bit of a need to sell, so it’s a good time to make me an offer. Any question, do please ask!

• By basseng
      Hi, After learning to play electric upright for 6 months I would like to try a double bass. I have posted in the wanted section for a second hand instrument, but wondered if anybody had any experience or recommendations  of the lower priced double basses offered by Thomann or similar?  Many thanks,  Dave
    • By Andrew F
      Stentor Student II double bass for sale in Bristol. 3/4 size. Soft case and bow included (or not, as required). Great for beginners and improvers. I bought it new some 10 years ago, and it has served me very well. Now selling to make space. I've seen new ones of these selling online for £1,700, so I thought I'd list it at £800, but feel free to make an offer. Some scuffs, as per the pictures.

• By d_g
      I'm selling my Poller 3/4 (standard) size double bass. Really great bass for students or jazz/rockabilly. I gigged it professionally for several years before upgrading.
      It's made in Romania in the early 90s. It has been my backup bass for the last few years but I can’t justify keeping two at the moment.
      Makes a great bass for a student or an electric bass player taking up upright - I’ve gigged it and and it is very light so great for carrying around to gigs etc. I’ll include a soft case and realist pickup, and I can probably find a spare double bass stand if you would like one too.
      Price drop to £895 and open to sensible offers and happy to reduce the price a bit if you don't want the pickup or other extras!
      I'm currently located in North London for now but moving shortly to Kingston area and also am in Bucks and Sussex a lot so delivery around the south east is possible. You are welcome to come for a socially distanced play in the garden but serious buyers only please. Any questions let me know!
      Many thanks
      Dan