Tech

Eminence 4 string Electric Upright Bass (removable neck)
£1500

It well and truly breaks my heart to sell my baby but I have to pay the bills. It’s this or the p-bass and I just don’t get the upright gigs to justify keeping such a wonderful instrument.

These are fantastic professional basses, used by the likes of Esperanza Spalding. The acoustic chamber makes for a wonderful rich tone, just like a full body acoustic, but with the portability of an electric upright. Definitelythe best of both worlds. Easily fitted in my tiny old coupe with the peg up, and you can fly by taking the neck off.

Great player, bridge a little high for a fast jazz player (set up for both pizz and bow at the moment) but lots of scope for adjustment.

It’s been around a bit but the bass is in good condition (a couple of dings pictured near the peg but that’s just superficial gigging wear). The hard case is another story, which is battered and missing a couple of clips (the previous owner toured a lot). I can either scrap that or you can pick it up with the bass and try and repair it - let me know. The padded gig bag is in good nick, durable and worked just fine for me taking it in the car to gigs.

Looking for £1500 collected from Newcastle please. I’m fairly firm on the price as these are rare as hens teeth in the UK.

Thanks for looking.
Mat28472309_10155340681746847_6653123033926116654_n.thumb.jpg.e110997d9c2305501c1aa085675ad9d1.jpg28377611_10155340681756847_6233157116379674526_n.thumb.jpg.165619b0938d93d348bca45ab45dbb35.jpg

28377786_10155340681846847_2738770525120098712_n.thumb.jpg.e0c537b8aa974b3492a2f3d4cf663d7f.jpg

28472133_10155340681741847_5299061965197843619_n.jpg

28467897_10155340681771847_1237982915516335383_n.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! Worth a trip to Geordieland for this one. By the time I get funds this will probably be gone. Good luck with the sale. (Hopefully for me it’s still around in a few weeks.)

9 hours ago, therealting said:

I think I might own this one now. 

Yes you do!

• Like 1

Just to be clear for anyone else interested in this bass - it’s no longer for sale, it is in my possession now and passed through at least one other set of hands before me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bassmayhem
      I have a super nice Bulgarian upright bass, a custom built - but not for me - instrument with some strange dimensions.
      The scale is 4/4, but the body is 3/4, built with massive tone wood. It is nothing short than huge. I had to get a new car to be able to transport it smoothly.
      Anyway, the bass is huge, the tone is huge. The instrument is built 2012, so I wonder how the tone will be in a hundred years when it is this big and full now...
      I've used a David Gage Realist on the bass, but it didn't work well. A lot of ugly "mid artifacts" that demanded heavy filtering to sound decent amplified.
      I sold the Realist and bought a Realist LifeLine and an adjustable bridge. The bass loved the LifeLine; it was the opposition to the Copperhead...

I've used the bass with a Fishman Platinum Pro EQ/DI, and with my BasSwitch preamp,  but when I got my little Quilter BassBlock 800 I could amplify
      the bass without preamp. Then I got a Vanderkley Spartan, and that one did NOT like the piezo pickup at all. The input impedance on the amp was a real mis-match to the LifeLine.
      Then my eye caught the little Redeemer Beltpack from Creation Audio Labs. It has an input impedance over 20 Mohms(!!!) making any pickup work well with any amp.
      I ordered one, and Lo and Behold! The tone is big and full. No gain problems. No need for eq-ing other than cutting some low bass. Best preamp I've ever used.
      So far the Beltpack isn't finally mounted on the tailpiece of the bass, I have to think a bit more before I get the proper design for the fastener. Anyway, the bass hasn't sounded petter amplified...
    • By originalfunkbrother
      Zeller double bass here. I dont play it as much as I need to so I cannot justify keeping it. I have only ever taken it out the house twice (once for set up at the Gallery) and a jazz gig. Other than, I used to play it once in a while at home but not anymore.
      It comes with a padded but robust case, new David Gage strings and a Realist pickup as well as a stand.
      I will prefer collection from SE London because of the size. 

• By sumorabbit
      Bassix folding upright bass in good working order, has a few battle scars and a rattle which don't affect playability. Sturdy and sounds good through an amp with the included pickup. More images of marks to follow when I pull it from storage at a relatives house, it just isn't getting used at the moment.

Bass'd in Chorley Lancashire
      video here
      https://www.facebook.com/PaulRLBass/videos/1248627765263542/
      piccies ( more to follow soon)

• By oldslapper
      SOLD
      Nice inexpensive double bass, laminate construction, ebony board I believe. Has a few scratches, but structurally sound. 
      Comes with cover & single paddle pickup. I was going to get the bridge lowered a bit, but never bothered in the end.
      I'm in Bath, but am happy to meet up around the general Bath/Bristol areas.