Why become a member? ×

Acid House bass?

Barking Spiders

8 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Copilot Orbit, but it has to be the older model with the switch as the new one can’t do the laser sounds. There was a great demo by John Davis on YouTube demoing the 303 style sounds but it seems to have disappeared!

cheers for this. just checked some demos on YT. Took a few to find someone getting the right sound for me but one going back to 2009 gets it right. Now to see if i can get hold of one. Which year do you suggest?

No idea about year, but I sold my old several years ago and bought another used one a couple of years ago. The new one had 6 knobs, they added a blend control but got rid of the switch for some reason! It’s still a cool pedal without it, unique texture for a fuzz and even more usable on bass due to the blend, but those 303 sounds were nowhere to be found.

You can get close with a good filter pedal (I used to have the Moog & now have the Source Audio BEF Pro, both get decent results) & you’ll need a dirt pedal to get a bit more of that sort of tone. 

If you've got funds, the Roli Seaboard gets it spot on & you can control the filters on the fly, but it’s a separate instrument. 

The Source Audio Manta can do a quick downwards filter sweep and has some fuzz sounds on board too, should be able to get somewhat close with one of those. Even if you can't get a decent 303 out of it got will find another purpose for it, it's great for all kinds of EDM.