Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MUSICMAN STINGRAY 5 STRING NATURAL **SOLD**

jhsteel

I'm selling my Musicman Stingray 5 as my gear is rapidly taking over my entire flat. The bass plays great and sounds typically musicman, fat and punchy. The finish is natural with no scratchs or dings. This was my main gigging bass for two years so has been nicely played in. Looking for £850, no trades please. Local pickup only, London area.

Cheers, James

Edited by jhsteel

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jhsteel' post='343488' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:42 PM']Nope the case is definitely included. I've seen another couple around but they've been modified and are cheaper colours. This one is 100% Musicman.[/quote]

Cheaper colour eh? Well mine has paint, Now i can only assume paint costs money and the finish over the top of that. So if anything yours is the cheaper finish :)

And tbh sure mines been modified but is it worth the extra 220 for the same thing without the paint and with the original pickup? (And mine has a Nordstrand which is NOT a cheap pickup.)

Sorry for the rant but that comment irked me.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Shockwave' post='343634' date='Dec 2 2008, 10:47 PM']Cheaper colour eh? Well mine has paint, Now i can only assume paint costs money and the finish over the top of that. So if anything yours is the cheaper finish :)

And tbh sure mines been modified but is it worth the extra 220 for the same thing without the paint and with the original pickup? (And mine has a Nordstrand which is NOT a cheap pickup.)

Sorry for the rant but that comment irked me.[/quote]
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :o :huh: :lol: :P

If it's like my Ray 5 ( and it looks like it ) it may be an Ash body which is a premuim "finish". Their words - not mine. I think what they are getting at is that you are getting a nicer piece of wood, and rather than calling it an upgrade, which it is really, they call it a finish option. It is most certainly about £100-£150 more expensive than a standard paint option.

S
p.s I recently took off the black and put a red tort sctratch plate on mine and it looks the dogs.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='344490' date='Dec 3 2008, 06:16 PM']what stingray models arn't made with ash?? :)[/quote]

poplar and ash bodies exist also.

[url="http://www.ernieball.com/faq_content.php?subjectcode=mm_basses"]http://www.ernieball.com/faq_content.php?s...tcode=mm_basses[/url]