Why become a member? ×

POG alternative?

pburrows

Guys, any suggestions on a cheaper alternative to a POG? I want to have a play around with signal splitting and octaving up my signal to send to a guitar amp. Like in this video. The Behringer looks like a good option but i can't find one to buy. 

Get the TC Sub N Up Mini.
Not exactly cheap (£88 new), but much MUCH better than the plastic Behringer, and smaller than even the POG Mini (the video above is the Micro POG).

Also allows full editing of the controls with some software, tone prints etc etc

Si

I have a Nano POG and had a US600 (actually to add a 5th to the octave up). I found the US600 didn't play nicely with power, was noisy, didn't always have great tracking and had a fairly unpleasant (to my ears) tone, and I say this as someone who likes some Behringer stuff.

EHX Pitchfork is an alternative, I think Mooer do some too (was it the Tender that was a bit too close for EHX's liking?). Or... DigiTech Whammy?

2 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

The Pro is a bigger more expensive pedal, the new mini one is simply the Tender Octaver MkII.

Ooh. Didn’t realise they’d made a new mini!

Edit: surely they’ve completely changed the algorithms as I seem to remember the old Tender being under fire from EHX?

Edited by CameronJ