Why become a member? ×

What do I need?

BenHorne

Hi,

I need some advice. I have a Stingray, a GK1001 amp and a 4x10 Ashdown abm cabinet. Now I have a two year old daughter, and another one on the way, which means that I cannot use my amp/cabinet at home anymore.

I'd like to buy something I can use with my stingray so I can play with headphones, and still get a good sound. If it also have good effects, and the possibility to connect with a computer, that would be great.

As you probably suspect, I'm far far away from being a professional bassist, and I'm just playing for fun.

Any good suggestions on what I need?

BTW: If anyone has a Rickenbacker for sale, please let me know...

Go for a Zoom B2.1u. It has loads of effects, and the amp models sound great - I used to use one as a backup for ampless gigs. It's a bit fiddly to tweak for live use, but at home it's ideal. It also acts as a USB recording interface and comes with Cubase recording software.

I've used mine for guitar with no problems, but I think if you buy the guitar version you get a little more variety in effects - not sure - but bass could sound crap plugged into it.

With the Zoom, you could really get into using cubase, and that means you can start adding VST effects as well, so you're never limited!