Why become a member? ×

Kicked Out !!!

funky8884

15 C and 74% humidity not so good. 

You could put a dehumidifier in there as 15 C temperature isn't too bad. Its more the higher humidity that's the worry.

I think you want to see that down nearer the 50% area to be safe.

The instructions i got with my Hygrometer pretty sure it said anything above 60% could cause dampness and mould.

You either need to ventilate it in some way or dehumidifier. Just putting a heater in not sure will be the answer

Dave

^ This above +1

Those readings don't look good for storing gear down there. A dehumidifier would be your first step: try to get a commercial one, rather than a smaller domestic unit (you can pick them up for around £300-£500 new).

If that doesn't solve it, you'll need to install some kind of vent from the cellar up to the surface. A fair amount of "faff" involved in that, but perhaps worth it for having a nice little underground bass room in which to survive the apocalypse :) 

Lateral thinking... Any mileage in persuading the Other Half that basements make ideal office spaces; that they are the 'new black'..? Make it cosy enough down there to have SHMBO want to relinquish 'her' space in favour of your basses..? Just a thought. :|

• Like 1