Why become a member? ×

NBD - LTD Viper 414

DaytonaRik

Well this one was unexpected.  I borrowed this bass from the g/f to play the last Think Lizzy gig after a mix up over who was playing the gig left me with none of my gear to hand.  Anyway, long story short is that this week she gifted me the Viper as she no longer plays and wants it to get used so I now find myself with a fun new bass in the collection.

It's an easy instrument to play - narrow nut and balances well despite being a heavy little son of a beach!  The EMG humbuckers combined with the 3 way active EQ makes dealing up a wide range of sounds a doddle.  It's in need of a setup - action is a little high but that's nothing that a few minutes can't fix.  I'm getting used to the SG meets Jazz body shape - it's a little different without being too 'out there'.  It has a few scars on there to prove it's been used but is generally in pretty good shape.

Overall a great bass to use as a backup to the Thunderbird, or maybe string up BEAD and use for low bottom end duties - I'm as yet undecided...time will tell.

As usual - photos to prove it happened!

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

Edited by DaytonaRik

37 minutes ago, bartelby said:

They're a good thing to have. Mine gave me her 1983 Squier JV P...

Don't see them coming up in the FS listings that often though and, believe me, I've kept a careful eye out. I'm guessing they must be mostly 'off market' trades?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

@Al Krow does Mrs Krow know you are considering an acquisition or a DOWNGRADE trade....?

We all need to tighten belts following the much vaunted economic collapse that has happened since Brexit. And you've been seeing what's been happening to my pedal board recently haven't you: two quality Aguilar pedals, a TC Mojomojo, One Control HGBM, EHX Pitchfork and now a mint condition Zoom B3n all being replaced with what exactly? A Zoom MS-60B and a Markbass Super Synth. Times are hard, my friend. 

I'm just wondering whether something in the 'Items Wanted (NO TRADES)' section might work?

'Bass playing girlfriend wanted

Must have her own transport, a decent P-Bass and at least a 300W amp (Trace Elliot combo owners need not apply)

Conversation optional.'

3 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Does that mean Mrs K will appear in the for sale section?

If so i’ll Place my bid now.

She’s lovely 

You don't mind that she doesn't play bass? That's a very enlightened, dare I say, modern approach. (But actually and to be fair on Mrs K that is not entirely true, she did in fact start playing bass way before me and in fact had an Aria Pro 2 which lay gathering dust for the best part of 15 years, after her one and only gig, until I picked up and started playing half a decade ago...)

... and Mrs C won't mind that you are bidding for another woman? I did hear that Bristol was quite the party scene, but I'm starting to get just how liberated you folk are down there. Or is it just the case, as with other expensive gear you buy (and, believe me, she won't be coming cheap), you'll just pass this acquisition off as something you had already to Mrs C?