Why become a member? ×

Wanted: Trace Elliot gear advice

1980bust

Hi guys,

I'm looking for any knowledge you might have regarding the value of some gear I have, and am looking to shift sometime soon. I've not used this stuff in a long time and can't see myself getting back into it anytime. I've got a Trace Elliot RAH300-12 amp in a road case and a Trace Elliot 1048h cab with horn. I've attached some pics of the gear - it's in really good nick.

Basically if anybody could give me an indication of the value of this stuff, that would be fantastic! Thanks :)

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

I would do a search in the amp and cab forum first, and see if any of your 2 items have sold here in the past.

Then go to Ebay and do the same.  Make sure you set the Ebay serach criteria for UK only, Used, and the hit the SOLD ITEMS.

If you see any past sales on here or Ebay,  disregard the very cheapest SOLD items, as this will eliminate a desperate sale, as this isn't  a true

indication of value, and then disregard the over the top prices ( if any ) as some people on Ebay get Bid Fever and pay over the odds.

Or simply take all the prices and do an average and see what that is

Bad news I'm afraid...

Unfortunately (for you) Trace gear goes for virtually nothing nowadays - even in good condition. You can pick up cabs for between £50-200, heads for £150+. Ridiculous I know, amazing quality gear for nothing but people are getting used to lightweight gear so the price of vintage gear has gone through the floor.

The weight of the 4x10 makes it virtually unsaleable, the head (15lbs?) should be more desirable but on a bad day could sell for less than £100 - I just sold a really clean GP7 combo for £150 - they were £800+ back in the day.

I still rate Trace gear - in the past 4 months I've bought/sold Mesa/Glock/Darkglass heads in the search for that vintage Trace sound - none ticked all the boxes. The Glock was, IMO, by far the best of the lot. I'm sure they would suit somebody, just not me.

It's a disgrace that such good gear turns out to be nearly unsaleable I know, somebody will get a bargain.

• Like 1

The problem with the Trace Elliot gear as a seller is that it is heavy, unfashionable and the fact that there is so much of it on the second hand market already on account of the gear being so popular back in the day. I also recently sold a GP7 combo for about £150. Sold an SMX head for about £200 a could of years ago. The valve amps are worth a bit more, the fabled V8 being worth a lot more!

I would say about £200 for the head and about £150 for the cab. You will be able to sell it as it is good kit, but you might have to wait a little bit. 

Agree with above but would lower the cab estimate a bit if it was me, being a it of a serial TE fancier I keep an eye on prices on eBay, Gumtree and Shpock and the 4x10 doesn’t seem popular (due to weight I guess?)  and I would think maybe £100 would be better. Stupidly cheap for what they are. I have seen a couple of 8x10s and they generally start at a few hundred and the last one I saw down at £50 before it went. Madness really but most of the cabs seem to go for £70-100 apart from the desirable smaller ones.