Why become a member? ×

1966 Fender Mustang Bass now sold
£985

ash

I’m selling this 1966 Fender Mustang Bass it is in used ‘Road worn’ condition and comes with none original case. The bass has had some parts replaced over its 52 years; the tuners which look as if they were replaced many years ago are Schallers. The originals would have been the ‘lollipop’ or paddle style and were known to fail. The saddles appear also to be replacements as they have Allen type height screws rather than slot types. The nut has been replaced with a brass one. Other than this the bass has its original pickups, electrics and hardware. The bass plays very well and the shortscale neck is straight with decent thin frets and nice and slim profile. It’s also very light at around 7lbs. 

The original red finish has darkened with age and has plenty of dings and marks. There is rust on the chrome - I’ve included a new control-plate too but haven’t used it. The bass has all the usual stamps and marks - see pics. It’s a first year release Mustang bass and it looks and sounds very cool. When I bought it it was missing the headstock strap button and thumb rest - I replaced these with genuine Fender parts the thumb rest was taken from my ‘74 Jazz Bass and the strap button purchased from eBay. As an additional bonus it has history as it was purchased from Pete Briquette of The Boomtown Rats. It comes with letter of provenance from Pete and it was bought for him by Bob Geldof. The case has the band’s logo on it too. I’d prefer pickup on this bass but I will post in the UK only. Please note that the postage price will  include only basic insurance. 

I’m selling to fund another vintage bass so no trades thanks. Now sold thanks! 

A0867C9E-732C-4AC5-92BE-D04B8E4BC9CC.jpeg

Edited by ash
Item is sold