Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

andybassdoyle

Sei flamboyant 6 - NOW SOLD
£1750

I've been on the fence for a while about the bass. It is an excellent, excellent, early sei. Beautiful feel and perfect at 34 scale. B is huge but defined and it's got a great tone for whatever is required be it old school, modern, upper register stuff etc.

I acquired the bass in a trade always with the intention of moving it on, couldn't quite do it (and Mrs Bassdoyle is always tremendously supportive) but the reality is I have another Sei 6 which Martin made for me a couple of years ago. They are very different but 'my' bass edges it and this one is rarely played.

Some of the other key features are as follows:

String spacing 18mm

Weighs around 10lbs, very good balance in my view

Low action around 2.5mm at the 12th fret

Blue side led's activated with a push/pull on the vol control

Shack active circuit 3 band with dip switches in the back for different tonal options

Piezo pickups in the bridge totally blendable

Bartolini pickups

Carbon bars in the neck

Decent hiscox case included (has a crack but only cosmetic). I could probably do a gigbag instead if you would prefer.

It's up for sale but really I'm looking to flip for a decent Milleresque jazz or possibly a spector 5/6 Euro. If you have something else and want to trade ideally with some cash my way this could well be cool too.....

It is not a new bass to the forum, here is a previous listing:

Some current shots:

20171226_080625.thumb.jpg.c086de4cb81d96badb24bf9b39d6b335.jpg

20171226_080618.thumb.jpg.c4ab8ea506672ed52de4ad5895ca086b.jpg

20171226_080644.thumb.jpg.190171de29033636edbddd846360840d.jpg

20171226_080641.thumb.jpg.1a04eec30ca573129b0b723d30865b4a.jpg

20171226_080715.thumb.jpg.c4b6f5a5f6d06088d5873b07afaf7eee.jpg

20171226_080653.thumb.jpg.78008733e8bc2cd5776bd8786fd057f2.jpg

20171226_080708.jpg.da928cf40d4ee78fb170af2fb543c6a3.jpg

You'll notice one shot with a crack in the finish. This has been checked by Martin at the Gallery, it's surface only, no issues.

Finally, in answer to some of the questions the bass is in Norwich. You are welcome to try if you like, or I'd be happy to travel for around an hour to handover if helpful.

All the best,

Abd

Edited by andybassdoyle

21 hours ago, andybassdoyle said:

Yes it is. Lot's of enquiries but no-one has gone past the first date yet...

I certainly imagined doing more, but long-distance relationships don't work for me. :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By electricbass
      PAULMAN J6 CUSTOM - HANDMADE BASS
      £750
      Here we have a Paulman custom J6 handmade one off 6 string Jazz style bass, made by the late great Paul Mcnab of Huddesfield.
      Custom handmade bass
      Ash body / Flame maple carved top
      Birds eye maple neck
      Ebony fingerboard with custom inlays
      Bone nut
      Schaller hardware (bridge and machine-heads)
      Delano SB pickups
      ACG - EQ2 filter based preamp with passive control (similar to Alembic filter preamp)
      Weight 12lb

Originally made as a 5 string, the bass has been professionally converted to a 6 as the neck width and general vibe of the bass allowed it to be so, in fact it asked for it to be so! It has made it into an awesome J6 tbh!  
      It's a bit heavy for long gigs at around 12lb but if that is not a major concern for you, read on...

Originally purchased from Bass Direct a couple of years ago this bass would suit a 6 player who likes a more narrow string spacing, it's 15 - 16mm. It has loads of tone as you'd expect from a huge lump of wood and a filter based preamp and also has a nice bright acoustic tone too.
      I'm selling up as I'm packing up playing live due to a long term shoulder injury and I only really need one bass.
      Nice Eden Metro 2x10 combo for sale here too.
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/320325-eden-metro-combo-2x10/
      I also have three other handmade custom type basses for sale on here at the links below, (links to follow), all four basses are offered up here on BC at £750 each, which I think is very low money for what they really are. It would be easy to find far lesser basses than these at much more money online.
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/320306-fodera-style-handmade-bass/
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/320304-valenti-j4/
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/320300-zoot-iceni-custom-top-5/
      IF YOU PLAY WITH A FAST LIGHT TOUCH AND LIKE A LOW ACTION ON YOUR BASSES, THIS WILL BE UP YOUR STREET! 
      I'm based near Biggleswade, Beds BTW and would prefer collection as it can be viewed in the flesh then too.
      £750, cash on collection. (Including Hiscox hard case)

• By BjornZetterlund
      I am selling this Dean 6-string fretted bass as I've only played 4-string for many years now.  It is in decent shape and has not been played that much, although it has some ugly modifications...which are:
      The circle cutout in the back of the bass contains lead pellets and epoxy resin.  This was done to make the bass balance better as the body is very light.
      I added a strap attachment point as shown.  It makes the bass lean forward and means less angle for the left hand to try and reach around; probably not for everyone.
      The cutout between the pickups is so that strings can be muted with the thumb under the strings, which is a method I've always preferred.

Electronics and pickups are unmodified.  Cash and collection only from North London please.  I have a little guitar amp for testing purposes.  Can also provide a gig bag which is in bad shape but will let you take it home safely.  Strap included.  This bass was purchased new for about £400.

• By goldbass
      ·         SEI BASS ORIGINAL 4 STRING 30” SHORT SCALE       @£2500
      ·         THE DREAM, COMMISSIONED EARLY 2006, REALISED MID 2007
      ·         MAHOGONY BODY,BUCKEYE BURL FULL FRONT & FULL REAR FACINGS
      ·         7 PIECE FLAMED MAPLE & WENGE NECK
      ·         BRAZILIAN ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD 24 FRETS
      ·         JADE GREEN LED SIDE MARKERS
      ·         GOLD HARDWARE ,CONTROL KNOBS,ABM BRIDGE
      ·         HIPSHOT ULTRA LITE TUNERS
      ·         BARTOLINI BB HUMBUCKER PICK-UPS (BUCKEYE BURL VENEER COVERED )
      BARTOLINI 3 BAND EQ ACTIVE ELECTRONICS
      19MM STRING SPACING,   40MM NUT
      TRULY OUTSTANDING CRAFTSMANSHIP, DOES NOT GET MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THIS!
      SUPPLIED WITH SPECIAL CREAM COLOUR S/SCALE HISCOX CASE
      Please contact Martin at THE GALLERY 0207 2675458. Also to view pics. Please look at thegallery.com  website where this bass is now available for sale on my behalf

• By goldbass

I am sadly selling some of my collection of SEI basses as I am moving home. I am listing them separately.and have summarised the spec of my 6 string below. The photos and the information is on  www.thegallery.com. Telephone number 0207 2675458 for more information.

·         SEI BASS ORIGINAL 6 STRING #18          @£1800
      ·         QUILTED MAPLE TOP FRONT & BACK FACINGS, MAHOGONY WINGS
      ·         7 PIECE FLAMED MAPLE/ BUBINGA NECK
      ·         HEADSTOCK QUILTED MAPLE FACINGS FRONT & BACK
      ·         MAKASSAR EBONY FINGERBOARD

·         BARTOLINI PICK-UPS
      ·         18 VOLT ELECTRICS
      ·         FRONT & SIDE DOTS
      ·         GOTOH TUNERS
      ·         BEAUTIFUL SHALLOW NECK, EVERY NOTE ACCESSIBLE
      ·         VERY EASY TO PLAY FOR A 6 STRING
      ·         FOR THOSE WHO MAY NEED TO KNOW STRING SPACING & WEIGHT Etc. Please contact Martin at THE GALLERY 0207 2675458. Also to view pics. Please look at thegallery.com  website where this bass is now available. All the attributes one comes to expect with a SEI BASS at a very affordable price!