andybassdoyle

Sei flamboyant 6 - NOW SOLD
£1750

I've been on the fence for a while about the bass. It is an excellent, excellent, early sei. Beautiful feel and perfect at 34 scale. B is huge but defined and it's got a great tone for whatever is required be it old school, modern, upper register stuff etc.

I acquired the bass in a trade always with the intention of moving it on, couldn't quite do it (and Mrs Bassdoyle is always tremendously supportive) but the reality is I have another Sei 6 which Martin made for me a couple of years ago. They are very different but 'my' bass edges it and this one is rarely played.

Some of the other key features are as follows:

String spacing 18mm

Weighs around 10lbs, very good balance in my view

Low action around 2.5mm at the 12th fret

Blue side led's activated with a push/pull on the vol control

Shack active circuit 3 band with dip switches in the back for different tonal options

Piezo pickups in the bridge totally blendable

Bartolini pickups

Carbon bars in the neck

Decent hiscox case included (has a crack but only cosmetic). I could probably do a gigbag instead if you would prefer.

It's up for sale but really I'm looking to flip for a decent Milleresque jazz or possibly a spector 5/6 Euro. If you have something else and want to trade ideally with some cash my way this could well be cool too.....

It is not a new bass to the forum, here is a previous listing:

Some current shots:

20171226_080625.thumb.jpg.c086de4cb81d96badb24bf9b39d6b335.jpg

20171226_080618.thumb.jpg.c4ab8ea506672ed52de4ad5895ca086b.jpg

20171226_080644.thumb.jpg.190171de29033636edbddd846360840d.jpg

20171226_080641.thumb.jpg.1a04eec30ca573129b0b723d30865b4a.jpg

20171226_080715.thumb.jpg.c4b6f5a5f6d06088d5873b07afaf7eee.jpg

20171226_080653.thumb.jpg.78008733e8bc2cd5776bd8786fd057f2.jpg

20171226_080708.jpg.da928cf40d4ee78fb170af2fb543c6a3.jpg

You'll notice one shot with a crack in the finish. This has been checked by Martin at the Gallery, it's surface only, no issues.

Finally, in answer to some of the questions the bass is in Norwich. You are welcome to try if you like, or I'd be happy to travel for around an hour to handover if helpful.

All the best,

Abd

Edited by andybassdoyle

21 hours ago, andybassdoyle said:

Yes it is. Lot's of enquiries but no-one has gone past the first date yet...

I certainly imagined doing more, but long-distance relationships don't work for me. :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arnoldoc
      Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)
      Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.
      Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.
      Lots of feedback in the forum
      Specs:
      Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.
      Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.
      The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.
      The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.
      Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.
      The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.
      These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.
      Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.
      34" scale.  18mm string spacing
      4.6kg / 10.1lb
      Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.

• By zomnius
      Hi Basschat members.
      Superb Fodera AJ 6 - Fat sounding beast : Fodera Emperor Elite AJ6 - Bass - 6 Sting. 1995(!). Or also known as
      Anthony Jackson Contrabass Guitar.
      19mm stringspacing, long scale, and incredible handling. A sweet 90ties era Fodera bass. 
      But new stuff coming in. Designed by the master. Small signs of wear. Around the jack output some small finish crack. But nothing serious.
      So I let it go at a cool price inc standard sending cost within Europe. Including orig. Fodera Case, well packed. Fodera vibes and Fodera playability.
      Don't miss the opportunity to get a bass designed by the Master and built by Masters. More pics on request. 
      Pickup - panorama pot
      High Low pots
      Volume pot
      Active / Passive (!) switch
      on/off switch (very useful!)
      Has a fresh set of strings on it.
      Anthony Fodera Contrabass - now or never..
      Cheers, Z.

• By foxtrott
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      Pricedrop 2999 € or Trade Options: Fender Precision or Fretless Bass
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Here are some soundfiles, recorded at home.
      Fingerstyle

Slap

Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.  

• By lowregisterhead
      NOW SOLD

For sale is a beautiful example of Martin Petersen's work. It was made for Randy Hope-Taylor about 20 years ago, and the chap I bought it from recently had owned it for many years. It's certainly unusual, sporting a Tele headstock and stacked knobs, and as with all Martin's work, beautifully made. Having played extra long scale 5-string basses for many years, sadly it just doesn't work for me and my gorilla mitts!
      Specs:
      34” scale
      Surf green body with matching tele shaped headstock
      Flamed maple neck / Rosewood fingerboard 
      38mm nut / 19mm string spacing 
      Gotoh GBR640 tuners
      Alder body / parchment pickguard
      Passive / stack knob
      Mørch single coil jazz pickups ( 60s spacing )
      Vintage spiral saddle bridge
      Weight 4.8kg
      It also comes with a chrome neck pickup cover and an additional tort scratchplate. The neck & fingerboard was originally painted white, but the previous owner had this stripped some years ago by Martin Sims, and he did a great job revealing the beauty of the flame maple.
      The only trade I would be interested in is for a 35" scale 5-string with 19mm spacing.