Why become a member? ×

Bugera BVP5500 *SOLD*
£195

davehux

Sold

Yes, it's a Bugera, which we all know is a Behringer in a posh jacket, so according to folklore and rumour on here, it's made from soft cheese and unicorn droppings, with a lifespan of a mayfly.

Well.....actually...........in reality, it's a pretty decent bit of kit.

OK, it's a total copy of an Ampeg SVT3 - 4 valve preamp, identical controls and layout, and it sounds just like it's illustrious big brother (I have owned an SVT3)

If you rub Squier logos off your basses and replace them with Fender, then you probably won't cope with owning a Bugera, but if you can see past the brand name, then here's a very respectable 550W amp, in almost mint condition, with the original box, manuals, and foot pedal for mute & graphic, for under 200 quid. I'll even get it couriered to your door free of charge, if needed.

Go on.....you know you want to...........  ;-)

bug3.jpg

bug2.jpg

bug1.jpg

Edited by davehux
Price change

Great review lifted from audiofanzine.com. 'Mega potato! ras' - indeed!

review(This content has been automatically translated from French)" wow"

preamp lamp (4 * 12AX7) plus 550 amp transistor (c is the big 550) covers the 700watt peavey to a friend! 

UTILIZATION

config simple and accurate! his funk to metal by a lil shot of equal, but when even the best metal! 

SOUNDS

own hot top round, mega potato! ras
Cort 5 string bass
4 * 10 cab bugera 

OVERALL OPINION

genial nothing wrong with value for money! I've tried the opposite Peavy, the Fender and Hartke in the same price, there is no possible comparison, the other in the closet! the mouth is a bit spartan, but it s not care!

My Behringer saved me again the other day when a more illustrious name failed. Had it for over a decade and it has never once let me down. I'm after a rack mounted second amp so if this hasn't been snapped up soon I'll be sending you a pm on pay day.

Edited by stewblack
Typo