Why become a member? ×

On Hold, trade pending: Sandberg VM5 2009
£750

HazBeen

Up for grabs is my 2009 Sandberg VM5 (1st generation). I just never seem to use it over my Bogarts and it is too good an instrument to not be used and for a new tribute project I need a 4 string P bass.... hence the trade preference.

The bass is one of the earlier models with Delano pickups. Later Sandberg starting shipping them with their own brand of pups.

5 string
34" scale
Weight is 4.8kg
Black Alder body
Rosewood fingerboard
Maple neck
Delano Precision /MM configuration
Glockenklang Pre
Hardware originally silver (some black hardware currently installed)

The bass has quite a lot of mojo and it clearly has been used in 8 years, dings, dongs, scrapes, scratches all the things you would expect to see from a working instrument. It sounds really good and cuts through the mix like butter.

Neck is somewhat of a halfway house between a P and J 5 string neck. Not overly slim, but no bat territory either.

The bridge was changed  at some stage (previous owner) to the newer version, which in essence still is an A style model. I acquired some black tuners and strap buttons that I think look really good, you would need to buy a black string retainer, knobs and bridge (GBP85-90 new in total) if you want to complete the transformation. I will include both the original and black hardware.

Structurally the bass is sound, really no issues at all with neck, joints, fretboard, hardware or frets so it will deliver for ages before needing any further TLC.

I should probably price this a little higher, but I would like to find it a new home and want to facilitate the transition to all black hardware a little too... it would look great. Price included shipping within Europe with neck detached. No case or bag.

I would sell for the more than reasonable asking prico o.n.o. Trade value is £825, but that also is not fully set and depends on the total deal.

So what would I trade against? I need a 4 string P bass or a PJ/PM ideally passive or with passive tone control.

https://imgur.com/gallery/AGGgP

Edited by HazBeen
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...