Why become a member? ×

Basschat Accessibility

Norris

I don't know if I'm the only one affected by this or not. Fantastic as the site revamp is, it no longer seems to take notice of the accessibility settings in my browser. Being of a certain age I now need reading glasses. I could get away without using them for my mobile by setting the Google Chrome text scaling to 130%. While the text is large enough to compose a reply in the editor, the text in threads, and especially on the sticky notes is tiny. I suppose there isn't much that can be done about that? I can zoom into the page, but that then involves scrolling left and right to read the text.

Damn getting old! 

15 minutes ago, Norris said:

I don't know if I'm the only one affected by this or not. Fantastic as the site revamp is, it no longer seems to take notice of the accessibility settings in my browser. Being of a certain age I now need reading glasses. I could get away without using them for my mobile by setting the Google Chrome text scaling to 130%. While the text is large enough to compose a reply in the editor, the text in threads, and especially on the sticky notes is tiny. I suppose there isn't much that can be done about that? I can zoom into the page, but that then involves scrolling left and right to read the text.

Damn getting old! 

I'm thinking about doing a few versions of themes to help with things like this :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

It would be be good to have a setting that stops flashing or animated images.  Even some of the animated avatars can be a hindrance when I'm trying to read.

Ideally an accessible version of a site would address this, but in the interim it may be possible to disable animated images in your browser, depending upon which one you use.

11 minutes ago, linear said:

Ideally an accessible version of a site would address this, but in the interim it may be possible to disable animated images in your browser, depending upon which one you use.

I don't use the full suite of accessibility features.  As most of the animated attention-seeking stuff is commercial I stop the ads at source.  It works well but with exceptions like, ahem, @Happy Jack 's dancing Spiderman.

Only Joking HJ, my thumb serves to block the image if it's getting to be a real inconvenience.

Edited by SpondonBassed