Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

iSeal95

Sei Custom Jazz Bass V
£1450

Price or Trade value: £1450

Here we have a beautiful, hand built and great sounding instrument, very versatile with a P bass pickup in the neck and a warm soap-bar pickup in the bridge. Hand built in Camden by the wonderful Martin over at The Bass Gallery.

This bass would retail around £3000 if it were built today to these specs. "Quoted from the builder"

This bass is absolutely beautiful and the last black bass that Sei made, a modern take on a classic with a super comfortable body, the extra contours and shallow cutaway make for easy access.

This bass does have a few dings but these are purely cosmetic.

Specs -
Body: Ash
Neck: Rock Maple
Fretboard: Ebony
Frets: 24
Pickups: EMG 40P (neck) EMG 40CS (bridge)
Electronics: John East Uni Pre 4
Tuners: Hipshot USA Clover
Bridge: ABM Rolling Bridge
Scale: 35"

FrontHeadBack body

Back

Edited by iSeal95

49 minutes ago, bass-a-licious said:

What is the string spacing, measured at the bridge?

Give or take around 17.5mm, it also has rolling bridge saddles so you can hit 16.5mm - 18mm easily

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonnypf
      In my ongoing efforts to slim down my bass collection, I have decided I can only justify having one 5 string bass. So sadly I have decided to sell this Sterling by Musicman Ray35 (black with matching headstock), asking for £580.
      This bass plays and sounds great and is in really good condition, just a few very small marks which are barely noticeable (I have tried to show them in the photos below). It has a nice bit of flaming on the maple neck wood. The bass has only been gigged a handful of times and is currently set up with a nice low action and custom gauge Slinkys: 40, 60, 75, 95, 125. One of the nicest playing 5 strings I have played (I have owned German Warwicks and Laklands) - this bass is very comfortable and holds its own performance wise against my USA Classic Stingray 4!
      As I would prefer not to mess around with sending this bass via delivery, I would prefer to sell it to someone who will collect in person. I am based in South London (Zone 2 SE17), very close to a tube station on the Northern line, so easy to get to. I am in no rush to sell.
      - Comes from a pet and smoke free home
      - The bass is a decent weight for a 5, never had any problems when gigging it.
      - No trades sorry, I have too many basses.
      Offical blurb:
      The Sterling By Musicman Ray35 is based on the Music Man Stingray5, offering a nut width of 45mm (or 1.77 in) for a comfortable feel at the first position. 3 way switch offers Series and Parallel Pickup/wiring combinations.
      Specs:
      Solid Lightweight Swamp Ash
      Maple neck, Rosewood Fretboard
      Nut Width: 45mm (1.77")
      21 frets
      Music Man Designed 6 bolt Neck Joint
      Music Man 5 string spacing: 17.5mm
      Music Man Designed Humbucking Pickup
      Music Man Designed 3 band Active Preamp
      Music Man Designed Bridge w/ Stainless Steel Saddles
      34" Scale
      Open Gear Heavy Duty Tuners
      Bespoke Truss Rod Wheel Adjuster
      I will include a gig bag with the bass.
      Pics: https://imgur.com/a/tVTqF

• By spyder
      This is a sale for Seymour Duncan Basslines bridge and neck pickups to fit a Fender Jazz 5 string. 
      They have the 67mm / 70mm string spacing. ( please check your bass ) 
      Taken from a Fender Jazz 24, 5 string.

Current new price is £175 for the set. 

Offered at £50 uk including postage.

From web.... 
      Vintage output neck and bridge single coil set for 5-string Jazz V basses with the wider cover size.

This pickup set captures the tone, feel and articulation of a great ’62 Jazz Bass. We harnessed the warmth, subtle aggressive attack, mid range growl, and the J-tone that sits just right and voiced it to go lower than before. Why should we limit amazing tone to 4 strings We adjusted the coil geometry and winding configuration to compensate for the different nature of extended range instruments. It’s now possible to capture the subtle characteristics of traditional “J-tone” all the way down to the low “B.” This pickup uses the wider cover size of the modern Fender Jazz V basses. If you have an older 5-string Jazz Bass, use the 70-74 model for the proper fit. Comes with black covers.Hand built in Santa Barbara, CA, the 67-70 uses hand ground alnico 5 rod magnets, Forbon flatwork, and is vacuum wax potted for squeal free performance. 

https://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/6770-jazz-bass-set-5-strg

• By Rumple
      I bought this John East Mid Sweep from the forum to use on a project bass that never really happened, I don't believe the original owner ever installed it either so it's basically new and unused, it's the extra cost black knob version.
      PIC
      &
      INFO
      £38.00 including UK mainland delivery.
      R
    • By Sammybass
      Fender Standard (Mex) Jazz 2015/16 “None More Black”. 
      Significantly modified with:
      Babicz Full Contact Bridge
      Seymour Duncan Quarterpounders 
      Schaller machineheads
      Black control plate 
      Black pickguard 
      Black string retainer
      Comes with a Diago hard case. 
      Add £30 to courier in UK.