Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

SOLD - Sei Custom Jazz Bass V (£1200) - SOLD

Price: £1200

Trade Value: £1400

Specs -
Body: Swamp Ash
Neck: Rock Maple
Fretboard: Ebony
Frets: 24
Pickups: EMG 40P (neck) EMG 40CS (bridge)
Electronics: John East Uni Pre 4
Tuners: Hipshot USA Clover
Bridge: ABM Rolling Bridge
Scale: 35"

Here we have a beautiful, hand built and great sounding instrument, very versatile with a P bass pickup in the neck (soap-bar casing) and a warm soap-bar pickup in the bridge. Hand built in Camden by the wonderful Martin over at The Bass Gallery. Professionally set-up and cleaned recently!

This bass would retail around £3000 if it were built today to these specs. "Quoted from the builder"

This bass is the last black bass that Sei made. The bass has a super comfortable body, the extra contours and shallow cutaway make for easy access.

This bass does have a few marks but these are purely cosmetic.

Comes with a fitted Sadowsky Hard case.

Located in London (Finchley) I am also willing to send at the buyers expense.

Edited by iSeal95

49 minutes ago, bass-a-licious said:

What is the string spacing, measured at the bridge?

Give or take around 17.5mm, it also has rolling bridge saddles so you can hit 16.5mm - 18mm easily

3 hours ago, fretmeister said:

What is the weight please?

Sadly I don't have exacts but its about the same weight as my musicman which is 4.15kg approx

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jack
      Hello good people of Basschat.
      The great Joe Nerve once said "I used to play bass, but I now I play Bongo" and now here's your chance too. For sale is my MusicMan Bongo 4 HH. It's in Sapphire Black, which is the almost-grey metallic colour and in very good condition. There are a few tiny scratches on the headstock but nothing else of note really. EDIT - The chip I was sure was on the headstock is on the upper horn instead, and there's a tiny a scratch on the body. I've included photos of those below. As well as the black scratch plate that's on it I'm also including the original (and slightly gaudy) grey pearl scratch plate as well as a road worn hard case. It's just had a clean, a brand new set of D'addario balanced tension strings and pro set up by the Bass Doc. Weight is 4.1kg, 9.1lbs apparently.
      Subjectively? It's a Bongo! Massive tone, very usable 4-band eq, great (or hideous, depending) looks, very comfortable.
      I'm located about 10 minutes North West of Newcastle. You would be encouraged to come along and check it out before buying, but I'm open to posting, delivery, ect within reason. In terms of payment, cash is always preferable but a bank transfer and paypal are good too. At this point you're thinking 'Great, but what about trades?' Well, yes but I need at least most of the cash as I've just put a deposit down a new watch. If you really, really wanted then I quite fancy a traditional-looking MIM or similar p-bass with a maple neck. Or possible a MIM or similar telecaster guitar.

• By GisserD
      Withdrawn, i just love it too much
      Imay well regret this... 
      Im putting for sale my new fender bass baught 1 year ago. It' without a shadow of a doubt the best fender jazz I ever heard/played. You just have to see what bill can do with his to se how capable it is. 
      It's in as new condition. Never giged. Only out the case a handful of times really as I realise I prefer my sandberg.
      Weighs 4.36kg. Strung with la bella deep talkin flats. But can put some dean markley helix nickels on if preferred. 
      Will consider a tasty P 5er trade. Or exotic 5er. 
      Price is shipped as the case is superb, I don' think even royal mail could damage it. 

• By Shonks
      since 1/3 of my trio (Palmgrease) retired to Ireland recently I've decided I want to put a duo together.
      I need a jazz guitarist that can happily knock out tunes from the real book, play some Charlie Parker heads in unison with me on bass - impress the audience (as if).
      Perform favorites like Autumn Leaves, All the things you are,other well know standards.
      Some sambas, some bossa : One Note Samba, Ipanema etc
      We'd be sharing solos, swapping fours lot of improv and thoroughly enjoying ourselves
      Two players means all kinds of gigs would be available, that regular bands couldn't do. Small bars, restaurants, even old folk homes.
      It would be a great way to advance your playing skills & repertoire.
      So.....If you know anyone who might like to get involved please put them in touch.
      only guitarists between the ages of 18 to 95 need apply (give or take)
      Live Palmgrease trio at the bottom of the page on this link: https://soundcloud.com/palmgrease
    • By lowregisterhead
      For sale is my Ibanez ATK805 Premium bass. I only bought it a couple of months ago from Dave Swift, who imported it himself from the States, and although it's a lovely (and very rare) bass, I have my eye on something else, so sadly it has to go!
      The build quality is superb for such a reasonably priced bass, and it has a great range of MM/P/J tones from the MM/J-style pickup combination, 3-way coil tap switch on the MM-style pickup, and 3-band preamp. Really comfy to play, and balances very well. Bridge keyhole string anchors or through-body stringing, 34" scale, 18mm string spacing at the bridge. It's in very good overall condition, with just a couple of dings on the body and the neck shown in the pictures, and if I was to be picky, in a certain light you can see a little shininess on the wooden scratchplate below the strings. Sale includes the Warwick Rockcase shown in the pictures. Note that the Schaller straplock buttons shown in the pics have now been replaced with standard chrome buttons.
      Collection is preferred from near Woking, Surrey. I can ship it, which will be another £30 within the UK. Sorry, but I'm not looking for any trades.

• By stevetdunn
      My first bass up for sale!  Fender Jazz Bass Serial Number MZ5228660
      Looking to sell this lovely machine as I'm going all minimalist from 3 basses to 1!
      Bass is in wonderful condition, comes with a Hiscock flight case, will throw in some strings too!
      **NOW BEING ADDED TO EBAY - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Mexican-Jazz-Bass-Left-Handed-4-Strings-with-heavy-duty-flight-case/282881343392?hash=item41dd0abfa0:g:IcMAAOSwhCpapmuU
      Living in Southampton - ideally buyer can collect. £450 ono. Please PM me here if interested.