Why become a member? ×

What compressor in conjunction with my Wonderlove...?

bassmayhem

I have a Boss ES-8 on my pedalboard, and I am thinking of putting a compressor in the loop with my 3Leaf Audio Wonderlove. In the loop but after the envelope, so both switches on simultaneously. Just to tame any "burping" that can occur and drive other pedals nuts. It won't be used as a compressor by itself; I have a Diamond for that job. A cheap but good analog compressor is what I look for. An old EBS, maybe? Please, give me some suggestions...

I still reckon the best cheap compressor out there is the Marshall ED1.

I've had or still have Darkglass / Empress / Origin etc etc and I still won't ever sell the ED1.

It can be a bit noisy at high compression settings, but if you are just using it to tame the filter then you won't be using it that way.

Recently picked up a Mk2 EBS Multicomp, its awesome and works really well with my MXR Envelope filter, also love the internal trim pots for low and high tweaking.

I use it infront to even out the string volume on my Stingrays

Edited by mrn1989

I've been using a compressor in the loop of my Wonderlove for ages and it works great for smoothing the other effects in the loop while not interfering with your envelope signal. Ive used a Diamond in the loop with great results! If the wonderlove is set to buffered bypass internally them the loop pedals will work when the wonderlove is off including the comp,so no real need to buy a second :)

If you still want a second compressor them the EBS is the best value you will get,it sounds amazing and can be picked up fairly cheaply. I'm currently using a Cali76 cb which is fantastic,but if I had to move it on,I'd buy a Multicomp (ive had four over the years).

The TC spectra comp gets a lot of love and it's small,so may be a good option.