Why become a member? ×

NA&CD!!! Ampeg PF-350 & Barefaced One 10

Pea Turgh

That's a very classy looking little rig.  I hope you get great enjoyment from it.

I'm waiting for my second one10.  I've had my first one10 for over a year and decided to take the plunge on another matching one with the plain metal grill.  If this is as good as I'm hoping it is, the BB2 and SM might be leaving.  Although, I'm not sure I could bring myself to do that. O.o  I want to gig them all with my new Quilter BB800 before making any decisions.

Frank.

10 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

It’s here!

Only had time to pull it out the box, play enough to get yelled at by the mrs, then back to work...

3C3E1D07-AB1C-4D64-8806-64C3AA2DCB1D.jpeg

Looking great bud, no tweedy delivery for me yet so i guess i must have missed the first batch, odd as I would have thought a LTD range so small would have shipped as one, ah well! Looking forward to it all the same!

15 hours ago, Kev said:

Looking great bud, no tweedy delivery for me yet so i guess i must have missed the first batch, odd as I would have thought a LTD range so small would have shipped as one, ah well! Looking forward to it all the same!

Cheers Kev. I had asked about doing a Two10 in tweed the week before, and spotted the website link was live Friday night, so think I might have been first on the list!

Two of them are bloody loud for such tiny boxes - think i’m set now!

Gig tomorrow night with the noisy lot, but they don’t stand a chance of drowning me out now... mooohaahaaahaaaa!!!!!!

Just got in from my gig - bloody great!  Two of these babies is exactly right for me with these new bands - one was audible, two absolutely own the bottom end of the spectrum!

The amp volume was set to about 2 o’clock, so could have given more, but it was not required.

I need to get another cajon bag for the second cab, should then be able to fit cab and head in one, and cab and leads/stand/tuner in the other. If I can just get a 2 bass gig bag to sling over my back I’ll be living the one-trip-to-the-car dream.

On 16/12/2017 at 14:25, Pea Turgh said:

I think you’ll love the combo @machinehead!

I have my second gig with the BF duo tonight and I can’t wait!

I’ll be in Unit 19, Little Wind Street in Swansea at 7.30 if any bass chatters are local to me.

I've used the pair of one10s with a Quilter Bass Block 800 now for three gigs now and I'm knocked out with how good this mini-rig sounds. (Full band of 2 x guitars, bass and drums.)

I knew that adding an identical cab gives a much improved sound but the difference between a single one10 and a pair is quite amazing - and a single one10 sounds fantastic to start with.

Volume doesn't seem to be a problem and the tone is just so solid.  I'm really very happy with both the cabs and the amp.  The total weight is 17kg - bonus. :)

Frank.

Hello chaps. I had another gig last night, and acoustically it was the opposite of last week. Last week the bass got lost in the large and relatively bare concrete venue - very difficult to hear any definition, and seemed like there was no bass at all.

Last night I was stuffed in the corner which seemed to reinforce my sound - absolutely loved it! The sound guy said it was nicely balanced out front, but on stage it was all ME!

I mentioned it before, but I find with such lovely tone and oomph at my side, I feel more confident in my playing. I find myself just noodling in between songs because it sounds so lovely!

F5480A28-7D83-471A-8740-B1B5C7511771.jpeg

• Like 2