Why become a member? ×

SOLD Celinder J Classic
£2150

Cairobill

Here's my Celinder J Classic in Lake Placid Blue with matching headstock in good condition from 2001 on the block for [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]£[/size][/font]2150.

This is Christian Celinder's version of the perfect 1962 jazz. It's a fabulous instrument that is light (9lbs on my scale) and well balanced. Neck is fantastic and it sounds punchy and warm as befits a 62 style J.

Here's a vid with me playing 'The Chicken' straight into logic through a MOTU Traveller, no frills.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CGIcItHpEg"]https://www.youtube....h?v=6CGIcItHpEg[/url]

Pickup selections go

Tone on full

- Neck 100 Bridge 100
- Neck 60 Bridge 100
- Neck 100 Bridge 60

- Danish Red Alder Body
- Brazilian (Rio) fretboard - very dark and very fine.
- Clay dots
- Board radius is composite and goes vintage (7.25 or so) at the nut to flatten out to around 10inches at the 12th fret. A very playable bass.
- Maple neck
- SD Antiquity II pups
- lime pickguard

Condition is good with a few marks due to use but no chips or major dings. Frets are in v good condition.

PART EX TRADE OPTIONS

- Spector Euro 4 Strings
- Mid 80s Warwick Streamers (1st Gen)
- Fender reissue Precisions
- 80s Stingrays or Stingray Classics

PIcs!

Edited by Cairobill

Having owned a few beautiful Celinders, I have no doubt that this will be a world class bass. Christian built (builds?) some of the finest Fender type basses on the planet and his selection of timbers is impeccable. One of my Celinders had the Rio board and the 'ping' in note attack was astounding. I play short-scale almost exclusively now - if I was looking for a 34" scale as a main bass, this '62 would probably be top of my list