Why become a member? ×

Musicman Cutlass II

Kiwi

Like the Cutlass I, it has a 1984 neck date but also a 1984 body stamp with a more typical 4 bolt neck. It's finished in white and is also completely stock and original as far as I'm aware.

For a long time this was my main gigging 4 string as it can do a passable p-bass sounds as well as the classic stingray sound. The neck pickup by itself has a really nice, flabby, funky tone to it. However the Cutlass I definitely sounds beefier. The pick up selector switch offers a combination of sounds based not only on the pickups but also the coils within each pickup. Its in pretty good cosmetic condition considering its age, probably hasn't been gigged that much. There are maybe a handful of small dings in my estimation none of which are chips.

There were an estimated 300 Cutlass II basses manufacturered so this is a pretty special bass too.

This bass does not currently have a hard case but I will sort out something after the bass is sold. If it ships internationally then normally I ship via FedEx for international freight, its a little pricier than some but they've been 100% reliable for me in the past and have been so quick that not even UK customs have noticed :huh:. I think the record for an express delivery to me from the US was 36 hours. If you want to use a different courier, you're free to do that but at your own risk. :)

Any interested parties are invited to make me an offer on either instrument by the end of this week. However Alex has told me what he thinks he could get for them on consignment so if any offers fail to beat that, I'll probably take my chances with the consignment route.