Why become a member? ×

do you think this will work

mitchell

my pastor come up to me and ask if i would play small venues with him, like for the mentally handicapped and nursing homes, and jails.. and at first i was reluctant but said okay. But my smallest amp is 300 watts. He said i need very little volume, i told myself small is good not much to carry, and i am 66years old that would be cool a small rig. Someone had given me an Ibanez Promethean 110 cab, around 200 watts but very lite. So I thought about using a Quilter Micro Block 45, I heard you can use them for bass and guitar, very small lite pedal can be put in my bass case. sorry my old computer cap locks come and go, but what would you think about using the Micro Block 45 with that speaker.

The only way to find out is to try it, but I wouldn't be very optimistic. It's a guitar amp with a load of pre-built EQ circuitry, it's not going to sound great for bass and you'll need to crank up the gain which will increase the distortion. I had the same thing with the Crate Power Block, but that was more usable because you could run a pre-amp into the effects return and bypass the built in guitar distortion and EQ.

For not a huge amount more you should find a used Gallien Kruger MB200, there have been a couple for sale in the forum here recently.