Why become a member? ×

Vintage V1004DX - SOLD
£195

bass24

For sale, sorry no trades

This is in excellent, near new condition with no dings/dents etc.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Width of the nut at the centre of the two outer strings is 31.5mm[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Edge to edge is 42mm[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Spacing at the bridge is 19.5mm[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight is is about 8lbs[/font][/color]

Prefer buyer to collect but will post for £15.00 (mainland uk)

Based in DL8 North Yorkshire

Any questions just ask.

[b]Vintage V1004/1005 Active Bass Series[/b]
[b]Body[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Mahogany Wings [/font][/color]
[b]Top[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Spalted Poplar[/font][/color]
[b]Neck[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Maple/walnut/rosewood[/font][/color]
[b]Fingerboard[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Rosewood[/font][/color]
[b]Scale[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: 34"/864mm[/font][/color]
[b]Frets[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: 24[/font][/color]
[b]Neck Inlays[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Pearloid Dot[/font][/color]
[b]Tuners:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Wilkinson® WJB150[/font][/color]
[b]Bridge:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Adjustable/ Raised Tail[/font][/color]
[b]Pickups [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]V1004: Wilkinson® Single Coil x 1/ Double Coil x 1[/font][/color]
[b]Hardware[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Gold[/font][/color]
[b]Controls:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 1 x Volume/ 1 x Balance/ Active Treble/ Active Bass[/font][/color]

Edited by bass24

Bloody hell !! Your timing's terrible :lol: I'm stuck in "no basses for the rest of my life" mode.

Always fancied the DX model ever since machine's review on here.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/9244-vintage-v1004dx/

Sold my spalted maple 4 string last year and it's 5 string cousin went in May. Cracking basses, Vintage set their sights high when they released these.

GLWS

• 2 weeks later...

"No basses for the rest of your life".... that's a bit harsh!!

They pushed the boat out when they made this range with the Birdseye Poplar top, nothing this like this currently being made.

Edited by bass24

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1499184677' post='3329800']
Bloody hell !! Your timing's terrible :lol: I'm stuck in "no basses for the rest of my life" mode.

Always fancied the DX model ever since machine's review on here.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/9244-vintage-v1004dx/"]http://basschat.co.u...intage-v1004dx/[/url]

Sold my spalted maple 4 string last year and it's 5 string cousin went in May. Cracking basses, Vintage set their sights high when they released these.

GLWS
[/quote]

Good review that.

[quote name='bass24' timestamp='1499947380' post='3334716']
"No basses for the rest of your life".... that's a bit harsh!!
[/quote] Harsh but true :( My passion for Peaveys lead to owning at least one example of every model :o
I'm going to post a link on the Vintage FB page.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1500804006' post='3340217']
I'm seriously tempted by this but maybe a little to far away to try.

Seems like a lot of bass for the money and what a lovely finish!
[/quote]is well worth a punt they are very good basses and when the bass first came out it got rave reviews

• 2 weeks later...