Why become a member? ×

SMV THUNDER

Swaffle88

• 7 months later...

This community is pretty dead and I can see why.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:04, TheGreek said:

I'd be surprised if they're out there...after all there are 3 basses playing...

3 basses playing in sync for the majority of the song...

On 6/16/2017 at 11:35, SpondonBassed said:

How are you going to carry that one off? I mean it's one thing to do both parts of a Bach invention yourself but you'd have to be triplets to do The Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Once again. 3 basses playing in sync for the majority of the song...

For the OP if they're still registered.

Here's a video if you'd like to learn the main grooves and bridges:
The sounds not the best, nor the video, but I taught myself the basics with it. Play/Pause/Slow Down/ Etc

For a clean version with precise playing and a bit of flare (without needing to listen to the original all the time): 

Try learning the basic grooves with the first video, then use the second video as sound study.
You don't want to get burnt out listening to the exact same version every time, especially on a song like this, we're only human.

There was a SMV Thunder Album Workbook available in Japan for a bit, but the company was acquired shortly after and ceased production of it.

Best of luck OP.

2 hours ago, SMV Comment said:

This community is pretty dead and I can see why.

Now there's a great way to endear yourself to the existing Forum members...Can I suggest some light reading??..."How to make friend and influence people" - and BTW you haven't provided the OP with what he asked for..."bass tabs".

Welcome... 

Edited by TheGreek
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 16/06/2017 at 16:35, SpondonBassed said:

How are you going to carry that one off? I mean it's one thing to do both parts of a Bach invention yourself but you'd have to be triplets to do The Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Surprised that I even have to say this but.. I would play along with 1 part at a time. 😐 think about it.. 

2 hours ago, Swaffle88 said:

Surprised that I even have to say this but.. I would play along with 1 part at a time. 😐 think about it.. 

Sorry.  All I can think about is how long it is taking you to get the TAB for TDST.  Even I could have written it out for you by now...

• Haha 1