Why become a member? ×

Status S1 Lined Fretless 4 string GONE

mathewsanchez

I really love this bass but i'm just not sure fretless is for me.

Original for sale thread with pictures can be found [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=27836"]here[/url].

I'd like to trade for something fretted and i'm open to ideas on what bass.

Pickup preferred (or meeting half way). Thanks in advance for your time,

Mat

Edited by mathewsanchez

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='354304' date='Dec 14 2008, 03:42 PM'][size=4]BUMP[/size]

I'm still unsure about selling but it's not getting played at all. I'd love to keep it but I really need something more useful to me (i.e. a fretted bass).

Are there really no trades/part-exchanges out there?

Musicman
Status
Fender
G&L
...anything else fretted![/quote]

My fretted Status is still available :)

Another BUMP.

It's still sitting in it's case. To be honest I expected a bit more interest.

For conformation I can potentially add about £400-500 with the bass bringing the trade to a possible value of almost £1000. However the actual trade does not have to be that much, it can be anything as cheap as squiers (£200?) or as expensive as a grand so offers on absolutely anything fretted will be considered.

And i'd also like to note i'm not picky about condition, even though the S1 is pretty mint.

MB1. :huh:
Youd be better off selling this outright while youve got cash interest!
Either that or list it on the Statii Forum,people generally buy a fretless as an additional bass,not many folks are gonna think,O a fretless status I'll trade me Status fretted for it? :) ......But they might wish to give you Filthy Cold Hard cash For it! :huh:

[quote name='MB1' post='364407' date='Dec 27 2008, 07:26 PM']MB1. :huh:
Youd be better off selling this outright while youve got cash interest!
Either that or list it on the Statii Forum,people generally buy a fretless as an additional bass,not many folks are gonna think,O a fretless status I'll trade me Status fretted for it? :) ......But they might wish to give you Filthy Cold Hard cash For it! :huh:[/quote]
I know, thanks for the advice but I really don't want to be without a backup bass while i'm waiting with my cash for the right bass to come along. Especially as i've started gigging with my new band. I might buy a squier as a backup so I can sell the status and start looking.

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='365521' date='Dec 29 2008, 03:23 PM']I know, thanks for the advice but I really don't want to be without a backup bass while i'm waiting with my cash for the right bass to come along. Especially as i've started gigging with my new band. I might buy a squier as a backup so I can sell the status and start looking.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Sure there must be another Basschatter in Suffolk who would perhaps let you borrow a back up/ spare,Or maybe has a cheaper bass for sale! while you sell yours!.....

[quote name='cai!' post='382213' date='Jan 16 2009, 12:05 PM']musicman sub 5? (fretted)

hahaha i dont even know if i want a fretless i just had a pleasent experience with one in a music shop this week and its made me more confident with them

but a fretless in a metal band? hahaha am i really asking for the right thing here?;)[/quote]

I went to a jam night and did a bunch of Muse covers with my fretless. Sounded ace!