Why become a member? ×

SOLD Lakland DJ5 with Bartolini pre-amp
£950

P-T-P

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is an early, made in Korea model in pearl white with maple board, pearl blocks and white binding. It has the orginal Aero pick-ups still installed and a Bartolini NTBT pre-amp fitted. This was my main gig bass for about 7 years or so but for some reason I never truly loved it and was always looking for something else (which I've finally found in the shape of a Lakland J-Sonic-5 and a JO5).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Loads of pics here [/font][/color][url="https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0Q5ejO17lG5Mq"]https://www.icloud.c...#B0Q5ejO17lG5Mq[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's the loudest bass I've ever heard with an incredibly beefy tone. It is nicely set-up and plays beautifully. Does literally everything really well fingerstyle, slap and sits beautifully in a band mix. I just never quite got comfortable playing it for some reason, though up to about a year or so ago, it was always the best bass I owned and my "go to" weapon of choice.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has one mark worthy of mentioning which I couldn't get in the pics which is a scratch about 3cm long above the neck pick-up. It hasn't gone through to the wood, but it is more than a surface scratch. It's not visible unless you look for it. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is wearing a brown tortoiseshell pickguard at the moment but I also have the original white one.

I'm looking for £950, collected from Chepstow. Can talk about P&P, but insured it will cost about £40 and there'd need to be a case involved I think. Would consider travelling to meet up and complete a deal.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Not really looking for any trades, sale much preferred, but might consider a deal if there's a big chunk of cash coming my way.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PM or call/txt me on 07515 929935[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers,
Pete[/font][/color]

Edited by P-T-P

I tried this alongside the other DJ5 (natural finish, passive) Pete was selling last year. If I wasn't a sucker for a natural finish I would have taken this white one because it's a beaut. Sounds huge and plays itself. Pete's a very nice guy to deal with too.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1497478790' post='3318617']
Great basses, and Pete's a gent.
[/quote]

+1

I bought one of these about 10 years ago from Pete and it was a beautiful bass; LPB, passive and Fralin p/ups IIRC. Looking back, it was definitely one of those basses I wish I'd not sold.

At the time, Pete personally delivered it to me in Guildford, at was was then the first ever South East Bash! Happy days..😊

So, buy/deal with Pete in absolute confidence folks..

GLWTS