Why become a member? ×

Porter Davies platform

bassjim

yes i was thinking the same thing but if any one has experience with em id be interested in how they get on with them.

so £800 inc vat plus £450? for IEM that do the job properly...........whats not to like? :D

Its the "latest breakthrough" apparently but i can only see it "breaking through my bank balance" right now.

I guess for touring pros that have to use IEM or those that prefer that kinda thing,maybe its the same as a decent rig cost wise.

Meanwhile on earth.... ;) :lol: Seriously though it could be where we are all heading what with "the man"telling us what's what with their sound limiters and ting!

Edited by bassjim

Depends whether you can be arsed with shifting loads of cabs around anymore?

We put the whole band through the PA so don't need a back line amp anymore so can use a 1x10 for reference or IEM's - I've never travelled lighter!

I believe that Porter & Davies have just revised their prices so are more affordable than they were but I love mine and I honestly think that once you have one and use it you can't go without and I know a couple of drummer friends that say exactly the same about the seats.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1496443153' post='3311563']
I know a drummer who uses the BC2 and drum seat.

As the others have said, I'd prefer to shift more air by adding another cab.
[/quote]

I have one and love it. The new prices are significantly cheaper than when I brought mine. I can see what people mean by adding extra cabs etc. However, a significant part of my work is on IEM's with no back line. Its sort of a silent stage type affair, only vocals and some of the kit is live. Everything else is DI, modelled or triggered sounds (Toms + extra kick and snare samples). Stage volume is crazy low, which is great as theres an MD talking through the set in your IEM mix. The bass board has helped me get the feeling of moving air back in to my sound, an extra weight to the notes is present and helps me keep my IEM mix lower in my ears. Previously I was hammering my ears to get the same feel you get with an amp. The bass board has helped significantly.