Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Fender Vintage Reissue Bass Case in Black Tolex (Mint) SOLD!!

I am selling a Fender black tolex bass case that came with my 64 reissue Custom Shop Fender Jazz.

It is in perfect condition and is completely faithful to the original Fender cases from the 60's. All the lokcs work and I have the key too!

Thomann and various other music outlets are selling these for £130+, but as mine is gathering dust under the spare bed and I have no intention of using it, I'm letting it go for £100 plus £10 P&P.

Photos attached.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Clarky' post='315660' date='Oct 27 2008, 11:14 AM']Swap you for an Aphex compressor? :)

But seriously Nick, what are you keeping your Jazz in now? One of the new Fender SKB cases?[/quote]

The basses spend most of their time at home sitting on their stands. I want to buy either another Hiscox or SKB case for when I take the basses gigging Clarky. As much as I rate the Warwick gig bags, I feel far more comfortable with a decent hardshell case. For my hamfistedness, the Fender case is way too nice to use.

These are the Rolls Royce (or more properly; Cadillac Eldorado) of cases and bloomin great – I’ve got two. Agreed, a new one like this you’d almost hate to take gigging, but the one for my Gibson is always gigged as it’s the only case that’ll fit it - and still going strong after 30 years, nicely mojo'd. (+1000 for Hiscox though!)
Bump for a lovely case at a great price - for a cherished old Fender, there’s absolutely nothing better, and would also make it a far more attractive deal if ultimately selling :)

[quote name='Shaggy' post='317271' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:27 AM']These are the Rolls Royce (or more properly; Cadillac Eldorado) of cases and bloomin great – I’ve got two. Agreed, a new one like this you’d almost hate to take gigging, but the one for my Gibson is always gigged as it’s the only case that’ll fit it - and still going strong after 30 years, nicely mojo'd. (+1000 for Hiscox though!)
Bump for a lovely case at a great price - for a cherished old Fender, there’s absolutely nothing better, and would also make it a far more attractive deal if ultimately selling :)[/quote]

Thanks for the endorsement Shaggy. Far more eloquently put than my efforts!!

I use one of these for my '62 Precision (so I can save the valuable original case from getting any wear & tear) - they are made to a really high standard, basically they're the 'mutts nuts' of hard cases!
Have a bump for a great bit of kit!

[quote name='99ster' post='317969' date='Oct 29 2008, 09:48 PM']I use one of these for my '62 Precision (so I can save the valuable original case from getting any wear & tear) - they are made to a really high standard, basically they're the 'mutts nuts' of hard cases!
Have a bump for a great bit of kit![/quote]

Another resounding endorsement. Thanks very much!!