Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman Cab, Which?

sirmuppet

Hi guys.

I have a Bassman 800 head. I just sold my cab and am looking to get another. I want to get a matching cab to the head so it's going to be a Fender Neo. I've seen the size and weight of a Neo 810 and it's too much.

I like the idea of the 610 but after seeing the 810 and that being too big and heavy I'm wary. I'm considering the 410 but at 8ohms will it be enough? I mean if I got the 410 I could add another cab like another 410 or 115 but then then means 2 cabs going to gigs.

I'm really torn on what to go for. Any advice? Also I can't try them as there's no where local that stocks them and I'm in dire need so will have to order ASAP. Main music I play is rock.

Thanks for any help guys.

I had the old 2x15 Bassman cab many moons ago, which sounded fab. I'd be surprised if you need more than 4x10 unless you're playing very big stages. You really need to try some options. Our views of limited value if they don't suit your needs.

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1493656029' post='3289771']
Thought about a barefaced 410 ?
[/quote]

Yeah, In fact I spoke to Alex who suggested the 610. I do love Barefaced but the price point for the 610 is too much at the moment.

So you all think the Fender 410 Neo should be ok?

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1493717130' post='3290051']
You really have to try cabs before committing yourself. Don't buy on our say so.
[/quote]

That's the problem as mentioned there's no where near that has them. I have in the past tried the 610 and I do remember really liking it. My question was more about will an 8ohm 410 with the Bassman 800 be enough for regular pub/club gigging? So the issue is not sound it's just wether or not it will be enough but from the responses it should be.

I have a fender neo 4x10 which I use with a fender bassman100T which works in a pub fine against a reasonably loud drummer and 2 other guitarists. I have also used it with a Phil Jones M500 which is a bit louder.

Whether it would work for you I dont know.