Jump to content
Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Gibson plectrum alternative

Recommended Posts

Hi All
I use the round-ish shaped Gibson plectrums (not the Standard, or Wedge shapes) and can't seem to find them anymore. Medium thickness. Any sources? or ones the same shape but in a different material that lasts a bit longer.
I find I'm now very picky about the shape and gauge having always used them, but my old stash is getting low.
Other shapes and thicknesses just don't do it for me.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean the ones like a big rounded off triangle?

I believe Fender make a pretty much identical one.

Dunlop also make a similar thing, but its a bit more triangular (like the yellow Angry Bird) but comes in a variety of gauges. It's what I use.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you might also like the Fender 347 shape ones too, they look very similar to the Gibson ones you posted above


personally I love the Fender 451, it's the same shape as a standard plectrum but slightly smaller, I bought about 40 last time and still have a fair few left in my stash.

I linked to the fender page as it has good clear photos,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.