Why become a member? ×

Bassmanish clone.

umph

A few weeks ago i went on a course that was run by Vyse limited or torres amps. [url="http://www.torresamps.com/training.htm"]http://www.torresamps.com/training.htm[/url]
I chose to make the bassman 5f6 but with a dedicated bass channel along with a dedicated guitar one, and make some alterations to the tone stack and so forth. Generally the course taught you the basics on building, modding and maintaining valve amplifiers and was a great learning experience. I forgot to get pictures of it while i was building it so i only have pictures of the finished product. The amplifier sounds great! insanely clean and great really growly as you turn it up towards full. All in all i'd recomend this course if your intrested in this kind of thing although its a bit pricey and i'm already starting to plan an even more perfect head for myself in my head, this could turn out to be a really expensive hobby.

I keep telling myself that the thunderbass is too wide to sit on top of my (eternally) inprogress omni10. Then the voices tell me to finish and sell the omni and build the 4X10 version of the bassman.

AAAAAAARRRRGHGGHHHHHHH!

More chlorpromazine please nurse!

Ah yes the Torres site is good indeed. I enquired a while ago about the thunder bass head and for not too much more they'll do it as a 200 watter. In the meantime though I bought a book instead- Inside tube amps. Well worth a read if your into building or tinkering with amps.
Nice job on the bassman by the way.
Cheers Just