Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
SpondonBassed

Amateur Available for Jams and Open Mics

I recently did an Open Mic at Derby's Horse and Groom with a few friendly people to dip my toe in the water, so to speak. I'd now like to take a little swim.

I am offering to learn tunes for people based in or very close to Spondon or Derby city who need a bassist for minor events such as Open Mic with a view to gaining experience. You might have a specific date to aim for or perhaps you just want to jam and see where it goes from there.

I am willing to share costs for rehearsal room fees. I am available during week days too.

Ultimately I would like to find myself in a modest little band that can practice within range of my wallet since I have to use taxis when I can't get my mate to drive me. The aim would be to play local venues and eventually break even on costs.

Ta

Edited by SpondonBassed

Looks like a plan. Good luck. I hope it all takes off well for you.

Good! From little acorns... never too late... erm... nowt as queer as folk... um... never wipe your arse with a broken bottle.

Seriously though, good luck. Playing with other people is good for the soul. So to speak.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1488232835' post='3247146']
Good! From little acorns... never too late... erm... nowt as queer as folk... um... never wipe your arse with a broken bottle.

Seriously though, good luck. Playing with other people is good for the soul. So to speak.
[/quote]

Trust you. Cuh!

Thanks my friend, for making us all smile.

I have a former band mate who now lives up near you who is involved in Open Mic/Jam nights at Marehay and Hallfieldgate. Any use to you?

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1488233273' post='3247154']
I have a former band mate who now lives up near you who is involved in Open Mic/Jam nights at Marehay and Hallfieldgate. Any use to you?
[/quote]

Thanks Obbm, yes please. PMd.