Why become a member? ×

The Stranglers - Cardiff last week

dmz

Great gig in Cardiff Uni last Thursday - haven't seen them since the Raven Tour to be honest. Indeed my first ever gig was the Stranglers at the Glasgow Apollo - Black and White album - 1979 ? ( with strippers !)

Anyhoo, yes - it was a greatest hits fest - but what great tone and melody JJ Burnel has. His Shuker sounded excellent. The great thing was that they were all on form and having a blast.

Highly recommended !

[quote name='dmz' post='310815' date='Oct 20 2008, 09:39 PM']Indeed my first ever gig was the Stranglers at the Glasgow Apollo - Black and White album - 1979 ? ( with strippers !)[/quote]
Snap - but Cambridge Corn Exchange! Great gig. Who's on vocals/guitar now?

Friday night, Exeter-can't bloody wait. Since Paul Roberts left and they've reverted to a 4-piece, I've gone back to being the huge Stranglers fan I was when I was a teenager. Good to hear they're sounding good-I was in Burnham-on-sea last week and contemplated nipping over to Cardiff, but I didn't think the missus would be too impressed. Jet was poorly earlier this year and his place was taken by his drum roadie (who apparently did a pretty good job), but he's back on the drum stool for this tour. I have to wonder, though, how much longer he's going to be able to carry on-he's getting on a bit to say the least!