Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal Studios in Leeds?

Steve Woodcock

[quote name='Stickman' post='310717' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:29 PM']Can anyone recommend me any rehearsal studios in or around Leeds please? The closer to Birstall the better. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, no backline required, just need to be able to book it out for two days mid November.[/quote]
Whats your requirements,you want decent Backline...amps...general space....size..or what..cost per session or hour...I know several.

What the hell you doing in Birstall? Who you playing for?

Theres 3 or 4 to choose from...in a 10 mile radius..and 2 secret,hush hush ones. How many members are in the room? Coz theres cupboards,and rooms,lockups I can get hold of,and a few studio places that offer really nice quiet,no hassle,environments.

Howden Clough,Dewsbury,Leeds,Castleford,Wakefield,even Hudds is a stones throw from Birstall on the motorway.

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='ARGH' post='310724' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:33 PM']Whats your requirements,you want decent Backline...amps...general space....size..or what..cost per session or hour...I know several.[/quote]

Would be nice to have a bit of space but no backline is needed, we'll be bringing everything. Drums will be the only 'live' instrument anyway as we're using an in-ears setup (a desk and small PA would be a bonus - just to check the mix - but not a necessity). Would want to block book two days so whoever would be the most cost effective for that.

[quote name='ARGH' post='310724' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:33 PM']What the hell you doing in Birstall?[/quote]

Haha, it's where the tour manager is based.

Edit: PM'd you with more details.

Edited by Stickman

[quote name='Stickman' post='310733' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:49 PM']Would be nice to have a bit of space but no backline is needed, we'll be bringing everything. Drums will be the only 'live' instrument anyway as we're using an in-ears setup (a desk and small PA would be a bonus - just to check the mix - but not a necessity). Would want to block book two days so whoever would be the most cost effective for that.

Haha, it's where the tour manager is based.[/quote]
BIG MARTIN!!!

Theres a small rehearsal place with a MASSIVE room just up the road,Or I could ask a few mates..how soon do you need to know?

Pretty much every band I'm friends with use The Old Chappel in Holbeck. The guys that run it are top blokes and its totally reasonable pricewise. The Kaiser Chiefs used to practise down there but dont let that put you off :)

www.myspace.com/theoldchapel

[quote name='Beefy' post='311256' date='Oct 21 2008, 12:54 PM']Pretty much every band I'm friends with use The Old Chappel in Holbeck. The guys that run it are top blokes and its totally reasonable pricewise. The Kaiser Chiefs used to practise down there but dont let that put you off :)

www.myspace.com/theoldchapel[/quote]

+1, the owner Mark, plays bass for Red Lorry Yellow Lorry.