Why become a member? ×

Songs with bass solos

silverfoxnik

Most of New Order's songs have a bass solo of some kind (almost obligatory), or the bass playing lead melody.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVP0qpJNH-0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVP0qpJNH-0[/url]

[quote name='lowhand_mike' post='32374' date='Jul 16 2007, 09:45 AM']Got it at the delmar and It's cool to hang out with your ex - Sensless things[/quote]

I never liked the Senseless Things because of the weak typical indie vocals and songwriting, but Morgan Nicholls was/is a brilliant bassist- Easy to smile another great bassline.
I didn't think much of Vent414 either. IMO a great musician stuck in awful bands.

the Stranglers- genetix, no more heroes (intro), shut up (intro), tramp, nuclear device, baroque bordello, Ice
Iron Maiden- rime of the ancient mariner, blood on the world's hands
Joe Jackson- got the time (and the Anthrax cover version)- and another song on Look sharp has a bass solo, i forget the name though
Chic- everybody dance

Edited by SJA

This has just reminded me how much of an influence Norwood Fisher and Muzz Skillings were on me - thay basically got me into 5 string. As for solos, well thinking back to my funk metal days, here are the solos that opened my eyes to what was possible when i started playing....

Fishbone - Bonin In The Boneyard
Living Colour - Under Cover of Darkness/Times Up (incredible playing!/Funny Vibe
Primus - *that* solo in Tommy The Cat, Fish On or Those Damn Blue Collared Tweekers
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Trilogy/Naked in the Rain/Aeroplane
Suicidal Tendencies - Send Me your Money....which leads straight onto...
...Infectious Grooves - Therapy/Stop Funk'n With My Head
Mordred - The Strain
oh and Iron Maiden - Run To the Hills

They all have a proper "solo" section, but I suppose you could argue that these were all pretty bass heavy to begin with!

C