Why become a member? ×

TRADED: Musicman Stingray 5
£975

Raslee

SOLD/Traded via Facebook :)
Really gutted to be moving this on so soon after a recent trade here on Basschat but I'm really not getting on with the 17.5mm string spacing, I've tried for hours on end but it isn't happening :( . It really is a superb bass in every way apart from the spacing for me, i love the feel, tone etc - i'm so gutted but a 19mm is clearly what i need.

Original sales add: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/298097-ebmm-musicman-stingray-5-honeyburstmaple/"]http://basschat.co.u...oneyburstmaple/[/url], and Jack the original seller is a top chap too - hope you don't mind me using the photos mate :)

Can courier at cost from Plymouth, Devon. May consider trades and cash my way if necessary; particularly like P's, J's, Musicmen ,Stingrays and quirky basses, no six's though please and 5's must be 19mm string spacing. Could add a little cash for a 70's P , or 70's stingray perhaps.

It's priced to sell at £975, previous owner who has had it since new had it up at £1100 so grab a bargain - although trading up i'd value it around £1100 towards something. Also includes MM case.

Not really interested in sub £400 basses, Squiers or Mex Fenders, or any heavy metal esq basses, or even basses over 10lb's, neither i am into heavy amps/gear :yarr: .

[attachment=236836:fullsizeoutput_689.jpeg]
[attachment=236838:fullsizeoutput_687.jpeg]

Edited by Raslee

Hello mate,
Just admiring the bass.
Have you ever thought about putting a 2mm packer in between the saddles of the bridge?
Maybe you could use something metal to help not thwart any sustain.
You could do it creatively to be discrete.
I did this with a 70's jazz bass and it worked a treat i thought.
I guess you'd need 8mm to spare on the width of the neck.

[quote name='Chewie' timestamp='1485704257' post='3225941']
Hello mate,
Just admiring the bass.
Have you ever thought about putting a 2mm packer in between the saddles of the bridge?
Maybe you could use something metal to help not thwart any sustain.
You could do it creatively to be discrete.
I did this with a 70's jazz bass and it worked a treat i thought.
I guess you'd need 8mm to spare on the width of the neck.
[/quote] Arent these SR5 necks designed for this string spacing. ? I really would dig an SR5 with 19 mm spacing

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1485706447' post='3225968']
Arent these SR5 necks designed for this string spacing. ? I really would dig an SR5 with 19 mm spacing
[/quote]
Yes I think that the strings would be too close tio the edge of the neck IMHO

I did frantically google to see if such a solution existed such as an adjustable alternative bridge. But as others have mentioned I don't think it would work with the neck. I thought I would get used to the 17mm with persistence but I've admitted defeat. Anyhow I've had a lot of interest via Facebook so it looks like it'll be a happy ending, and I have a 19mm fiver lined up via here, but if Ernie Ball ever do bring out a 19mm SR5 I think I would find it hard to resist as they really are pretty awesome basses :)

[color=#ff0000][size=6][font=georgia,serif]NOW SOLD VIA FB[/font][/size][/color]

Edited by Raslee