Why become a member? ×

Help me choose a pickguard colour :)

Hamster

I'm in the process of acquiring a nice Musicman Sub 4 from Mikey D - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2323"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2323[/url]

I'm tempted to pimp it with a new scratchplate but I'm not sure what will look good with the matt black body?

Feel free to photoshop if you're talented!!

Hamster

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='31769' date='Jul 14 2007, 02:43 PM']I'm sorry, I think something has gone wrong with your poll - I can't see 'Pink' :)[/quote]

Silly - pink only goes with lime green!

Edited by Hamster

If it's special unto the SUB range, I would stick wit' yo Alu'. Although, if you can get that creamy looking pearloid pg like the one on that Modulus that was on BC (where's it gone, searches failed?) it might work very nicely, if not too over-indulgent.

[b]Edit[/b]

I may well be referring to 'Aged Pearl' an shall vote thusly. Have you found piccys of what the bass will look like with each one?

[b]Eddit[/b] [i]Again[/i]:

I take it back, go matte black:

(That white outline makes my knees go squishy)

Edited by paul, the

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='31769' date='Jul 14 2007, 02:43 PM']I'm sorry, I think something has gone wrong with your poll - I can't see 'Pink' :huh:[/quote]
Terri - if only I could find a source for pink pearloid, my SBV500 would be pure (gay) sex. :huh:

As it is - I vote black pearloid for Hamster's Sub. :)

Jon.

[quote name='Tinman' post='31834' date='Jul 14 2007, 04:54 PM']Sorry mate, that just doesn't look right IMHO.

Personally I'd go for something that matched the control plate.

Just my thoughts you understand. :huh:[/quote]

Oh, handed thought about that. Got to agree about the OLP, glad I haven't eaten yet :)

[b]EDIT[/b]

Don't mind me, choose what [i]you[/i] like the look of. Who gives a flying monkey duck what I or anyone else thinks. Although looking at that black-white-black on black, I'm starting to wish I bought the bass.

Edited by paul, the

Even though my first choice is black abalone, I do like the matte black and black perloid options too. An interesting one could be black smoke mirror.

EDIT: Of course, such a thing doesn't exist. What I meant was smoke mirror.

Edited by The Funk

[quote name='paul, the' post='31839' date='Jul 14 2007, 04:57 PM']Oh, handed thought about that. Got to agree about the OLP, glad I haven't eaten yet :)
[b]EDIT[/b]

Don't mind me, choose what [i]you[/i] like the look of. Who gives a flying monkey duck what I or anyone else thinks. Although looking at that black-white-black on black, I'm starting to wish I bought the bass.[/quote]

I value other people's opinion and comments because things start to grow on you - as you've found out :huh:

Hamster

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='31951' date='Jul 15 2007, 12:32 AM']If pink is definitely out of the question, have you considered some random bunnies? :)

[/quote]
better yet - beveled bunnies :huh:

I'd go with the matte black one...but I'm a sucker for everything monochromatic :huh:

[quote name='Hamster' post='31920' date='Jul 14 2007, 09:46 PM']I value other people's opinion and comments because things start to grow on you - as you've found out :huh:

Hamster[/quote]

Too true!

The votes have changed since I started introducing pictures as well :)

Is she an active or passive?

[quote name='paul, the' post='32000' date='Jul 15 2007, 09:48 AM']Too true!

The votes have changed since I started introducing pictures as well :huh:
Is she an active or passive?[/quote]

Active. Colour combinations do grow on you - I might buy 2 pickguards and swap whenever I change strings :)

Hamster