Why become a member? ×

Pino Palladino Genius.

bubinga5

Are you sure Pino played bass on this track, I used to work doing sound for a touring band playing all the big night clubs around the UK back in the 80's, all of the band members were session players of good standing, we played in Wales one weekend and I was introduced to a guy called Chris, bassist for Go West, who knew the guitarist in the band, I was chatting to him about Pino (No Parlez was the hit album of the time) and he said he used to share a flat with Pino and they had both taken up fretless at the same sort of time but Pino just blew him away?

I have nothing to substantiate the above but it could explain why the song would have that Pino type sound and style?

http://www.allmusic.com/album/go-west-mw0000190147/credits

I never knew who was playing at the time but Pino was the hook for me. It made it worth enduring that awful yodelling! In fact Mark King and he woke me up to what bass could be previously having listened to lots of Irish Country and Western in my youth. Not that there is owt wrong with C&W, just that it isn't that challenging.

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1483186480' post='3205274']
Are you sure Pino played bass on this track, I used to work doing sound for a touring band playing all the big night clubs around the UK back in the 80's, all of the band members were session players of good standing, we played in Wales one weekend and I was introduced to a guy called Chris, bassist for Go West, who knew the guitarist in the band, I was chatting to him about Pino (No Parlez was the hit album of the time) and he said he used to share a flat with Pino and they had both taken up fretless at the same sort of time but Pino just blew him away?

I have nothing to substantiate the above but it could explain why the song would have that Pino type sound and style?
[/quote]

Guitarist for a while was Alan Murphy. Genius

Pino is listed as a bass player for the album "call me" is on..

Edited by markstuk