Why become a member? ×

To those no longer with us

jonunders

2016 has not been such a good year for well known people. But what about those who encouraged, taught or influenced us.
Lets give recognition to anyone who is no longer with us but gave us the encouragement to suceed with our musical or other abilities.
Whether they are relatives, friends, teachers or poeple you have seen who have inspired you. lets praise them. Famous or not.

Mine was my music teacher at school. Although I didn't take up playing the bass untill i was 49 I always hear her voice in my head encouraging all her pupils, regardless of ability, to listen to, play or just enjoy all types of music.
Unfortunatly her name escapes me, but thank you

My mum, Sophia. May 1929 - May 2016

She lived well bless her.

All of the artists that died this and previous years, they are the ones who help us get over the loss of family members. Next Year is a welcome arrival given how bad it seems this year.

To go beyond the OP reference to inspirational people;
Each and everyone else who lost their life in 2016. Special thoughts for the close ones left behind.

My Mum passed away on 14th January, 2016. She never really 'got' my musical ambitions but, like my father, was accepting of it and did not discourage me. In fact, Mum made the purchase of my Wal Custom Fretless possible when, in 1986, she ordered the bass from Monkey Business on her credit card which I then paid back over several years!!! They also put up with me practicing for hours every day in my late teens. We take them for granted but supportive parents are an absolute God-send.