Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Brief Musical Interlude (live band content)

Sibob

[color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Just had this through and sounds pretty decent all things considered (see below), so thought I’d share.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]When I’m not playing silly math-rock instrumental music with Corybantic (new single soon), I play for a soul type singer called JoCee. We did a Sofar Sounds session in London a little while ago. I hadn’t heard of these guys before, but it seems they put on ‘secret' pop-up gigs all over the world. People don’t know where the venue is until the day, or who’s playing…….and the place was packed. People were sat on the floor, and were silent the whole way through the set. Amazing.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Anyway, the gig was vocally acoustic, in that there was no PA, the singers were simply singing acoustically to the room, the mics were just present to record. As such the band, drums & backline had to play incredibly sensitively (read quietly) to that, a good exercise in volume if ever there was one:[/font][/color]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_XyTkynOrI"]https://www.youtube....h?v=q_XyTkynOrI[/url]

Cheers
Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1482147632' post='3197954']
[color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]
Just had this through and sounds pretty decent all things considered (see below), so thought I’d share.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]
When I’m not playing silly math-rock instrumental music with Corybantic (new single soon), I play for a soul type singer called JoCee. We did a Sofar Sounds session in London a little while ago. I hadn’t heard of these guys before, but it seems they put on ‘secret' pop-up gigs all over the world. People don’t know where the venue is until the day, or who’s playing…….and the place was packed. People were sat on the floor, and were silent the whole way through the set. Amazing.[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Calibri, sans-serif]
Anyway, the gig was vocally acoustic, in that there was no PA, the singers were simply singing acoustically to the room, the mics were just present to record. As such the band, drums & backline had to play incredibly sensitively (read quietly) to that, a good exercise in volume if ever there was one:[/font][/color]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_XyTkynOrI

Cheers
Si
[/quote]

Nice, as a matter of fact really nice. Clean high quality professional footage.

I wish I could convince my band to do something pro like this. I'm not sure if it's they have no interest or that we really don't have the resources to pull it together. We have the talent.

All we do is gig, and I'm not going to complain about that.

Oh well

Blue