Why become a member? ×

NBD, Yes It's Peavey. Again. Part 2

kodiakblair

Yesterday's post wasn't really meant to happen. The Void was just an impulse buy,turned out fine but still just an impulse buy :D

This one I've been waiting on for a while and they don't come up too often. Strange beast the RSB bass,stands for Rudy Sarzo Bass but unlike the earlier Sarzo sig model Rudy had nothing to do with it's design. They came in 2 flavours :- solid colour poplar body with all maple neck and Koa body, maple and Pau Ferro neck.

Electronics have thrown me a bit,it's active VFL humbuckers but passive tone pot !! Seems a strange arrangement and I'll have to look in the control cavity later.

It's quite light and has the quality Peavey neck I take for granted,easy access to the "No Go Zone" around the 24th. Also looks bloody good with the natural finish :)

I also have the earlier Sarzo bass,now it's a quality bass no doubt about that. Feels great to play,looks great. Loads of folks say how great they are. You get the picture.

Buggered if I can find a tone on it to suit me :o

This on the other hand gave me no trouble :D
[attachment=234056:RSB bass.jpg]

Looking good for a 22 year old bass.

I had a Cirrus BXP 5 which probably had the nicest neck I've ever experienced. Unfortunately previous [s]dick[/s] owner reamed out the truss rod nut with an unsuitable tool (probably himself) and messed with the electronics so they 'weren't right' - bridge pup being much quieter then neck, no matter how I set it up.

If all had been proper, I'd probably still have it. Construction was immaculate.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

Obviously I'm a crazy person :D but if you're a crazy person who like basses Peavey was a good choice.

They did P style basses,J style,PJ s. Active & passive, bolt on & thru neck, carbon necks,pretty natural finishes and block colour.
Even did the MIDI bass after Wal gave up on it.

Something for everyone and cause they were never "The Brand" very affordable.

Made sense to me but then I'm nuts :lol: