Why become a member? ×

It was 37 years ago today The London Calling album was released.

Highfox

[quote name='MarkJB' timestamp='1481881336' post='3195867']
Love the Smiths too... Mind you I think many of the greatest bands split listeners! Personally I love bands that are creative, quirky and actually say something - I tend to like bands that push the envelope a bit, even if it means it's not perfect. As has been said before, thank goodness we have different tastes, otherwise life would be very boring... We might not have Metal music though, which would be a plus! ;-)
[/quote]

+1 to this post :)

Re the OP - I can't believe it has been 37 years! :o
Great album, great band - although it took me a while to like the Clash, even though I was into punk music at the time
Interestingly enough, I feel the Clash, and this album have stood the test of time better than some of their contemporaries back in the day

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1482156108' post='3198063']
+1 to this post :)

Re the OP - I can't believe it has been 37 years! :o
I feel the Clash, and this album have stood the test of time better than some of their contemporaries back in the day
[/quote]

I think the best thing about The Clash, and what sets them apart from their contemporaries is that every album they did was different to the last.